Pipex - any good?

Old June 7th 04, 11:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les

Default Pipex - any good?

I'm about to move house and broadband is available at my new address! Pipex
seems to offer a great start-up deal. Are there any drawbacks? What do Pipex
customers think about the service?

Les

Old June 7th 04, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Gregory [UK]

"Les" wrote in message

I'm about to move house and broadband is available at my new address!
Pipex seems to offer a great start-up deal. Are there any drawbacks?
What do Pipex customers think about the service?

I'm very pleased with it.

Downloads from binary news groups are slow though if you're into that
(I'm not really).

--

Brian Gregory (In the UK).

To email me remove the letter vee.

Old June 7th 04, 11:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

"Les" wrote in message
I'm about to move house and broadband is available at my new address!

Pipex
seems to offer a great start-up deal. Are there any drawbacks? What do

Pipex
customers think about the service?

Hi Les,
One word for you.....................

AVOID.

Shoddy Customer Service (Takes 2-3 weeks for an email reply). Email and
connectivity goes down regularly.

I am much happier using NDO - http://www.ndo.co.uk

1.55 more, but a much better experience, and I was a Pipex customer for 3
years.

Been with NDO now for 4 months, and all my questions to support were
answered with 2 hours via email.

Family protection (from dodgy sites) comes as standard, and all round, the
speed is excellent. (Plus none of the frequent email failures that Pipex
used to give me)

Simon

Kernow Telecom - Cheap international calls
(India only 10p/min on 0871 570 8216), (USA, Europe
and Oz National rate on 0870 794 8303/0844 570 8303)
Email us for more rates and unlocking offers!
**Old website still going- http://kernow-telecom.co.uk**

Old June 8th 04, 03:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Wizzo

snipped
Shoddy Customer Service (Takes 2-3 weeks for an email reply). Email and
connectivity goes down regularly.

I am also looking to sign with Pipex, I emailed the customer service and got
a reply within 24hrs, I have chosen Pipex because 2 people I know well have
recomended them.

I am much happier using NDO - http://www.ndo.co.uk

1.55 more, but a much better experience, and I was a Pipex customer for 3
years.

Been with NDO now for 4 months, and all my questions to support were
answered with 2 hours via email.

Seriously it sounds as if you've sent both Pipex and NDO a few emails, you
shouldnt need to, not a snipe at you personally just my own 2 cents, I've
been an NTHELL customer for years and only emailed once, that was a phone
billing issue, ive called tech support several times but always relating to
service outages.

Family protection (from dodgy sites) comes as standard, and all round, the
speed is excellent. (Plus none of the frequent email failures that Pipex
used to give me)

Personally I've looked at four choices freedom2surf, ndo, plusnet and pipex
of those Pipex is my choice to sign with though looking again I cant think
why I discounted NDO, probably the 35 set-up cost, ive just forked out for
an ADSL router/modem and the cost of moving away from NTL back to BT I just
cant stump up any more cash.

Old June 8th 04, 11:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
King Queen

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 23:18:53 +0100, "Les" wrote:

I'm about to move house and broadband is available at my new address! Pipex
seems to offer a great start-up deal. Are there any drawbacks? What do Pipex
customers think about the service?

They seem good and reliable on the whole - I'm with them and like
them.

Technical support don't always get back to you, however.
--
King Queen - Remove .lartsspammers to reply. http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
"Advertising is the rattling of a stick in a swill bucket" George Orwell
Old June 8th 04, 12:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alien Zord

"Les" wrote in message
I'm about to move house and broadband is available at my new address!

Pipex
seems to offer a great start-up deal. Are there any drawbacks? What do

Pipex
customers think about the service?

Based on my 2 year + experience of 3 Pipex accounts I've recommended them to
quite a number of my IT customers and haven't had a single blame for bad
recommendation yet. However, we all use Pipex for connectivity only having
the rest of the services provided by others.

Old June 8th 04, 03:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Russell

"Les" wrote in message
I'm about to move house and broadband is available at my new address!

Pipex
seems to offer a great start-up deal. Are there any drawbacks? What do

Pipex
customers think about the service?

Pipex get two thumps up from me.

I know a few people will moan about the usenet access not being very good,
but it's ok if you're not a downloader of binaries. The only time I use
Pipex's server is to read the Pipex related groups, the rest of the time I
use Individual.net's server, which I have done for many years.

Russell

Old June 8th 04, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 23:18:53 +0100, "Les" wrote:

I'm about to move house and broadband is available at my new address! Pipex
seems to offer a great start-up deal. Are there any drawbacks? What do Pipex
customers think about the service?

Les

Please do not sign up with Pipex. I would not want my hitherto
unblemished service to become so popular that it is overloaded by new
customers.

But if you do sign up, try to avoid having to deal with support and
accounts. The two make an unholy alliance. Support can get too busy --
especially when, because someone in accounts failed to do what they
were told, they pull the plug on your email late on Friday and you try
sorting out the problems on Saturday.

MK

Michael Kenward Words for sale
Old June 8th 04, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:31:10 +0100, "Russell"
wrote:

"Les" wrote in message
I'm about to move house and broadband is available at my new address!

Pipex
seems to offer a great start-up deal. Are there any drawbacks? What do

Pipex
customers think about the service?

Pipex get two thumps up from me.

I know a few people will moan about the usenet access not being very good,
but it's ok if you're not a downloader of binaries. The only time I use
Pipex's server is to read the Pipex related groups, the rest of the time I
use Individual.net's server, which I have done for many years.

Russell

Shouldn't that be "two thump ups"?

Old June 8th 04, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JD

wrote:

"Les" wrote in message
I'm about to move house and broadband is available at my new address!

Pipex
seems to offer a great start-up deal. Are there any drawbacks? What do

Pipex
customers think about the service?

Pipex get two thumps up from me.

I know a few people will moan about the usenet access not being very

good,
but it's ok if you're not a downloader of binaries. The only time I use
Pipex's server is to read the Pipex related groups, the rest of the time

use Individual.net's server, which I have done for many years.

Russell

Shouldn't that be "two thump ups"?

MK

Is that like a fist up (or two) ?