Line keeps Dropping

Old June 8th 04, 12:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

Default Line keeps Dropping

Tonight my line keeps on dropping, the syslog messages (below) show a
range of error messages. When the line does open and connect, the
upstream speed starts out at 256k, drops and reconnects at 128k then
96k.

Sometimes it doesn't connect at all, spewing
'Open Failed: Bad message from ATU-C [14]000' over and over.

I'm assuming the problem is a BT one? Any ideas what has gone wrong
(curiosity).

DOD: link to internet over ATM-VC/2 is now up000
PPP: remote internet will authenticate000
DOD: connecting to internet using 0*38 over ATM-VC/2000
DMT: Line Open: Downstream: 576 Kb/s Upstream: 96 Kb/s000
DMT: Line Opening...000
Line Closed000
Open Failed: Bad message from ATU-C [14]000
DMT: Line Opening...000
Line Closed000
DMT: Open Failed: Bad message from ATU-C [14]000
DMT: Line Opening...000
DMT: Line Closed000
DMT: Connection Lost000
DMT: Line Open: Downstream: 576 Kb/s Upstream: 256 Kb/s000
DMT: Line Opening...000

--
Clint Sharp