Airport Express and BT Broadband

Old June 8th 04, 12:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Neil Thayer

Default Airport Express and BT Broadband

Hi,

Does anybody know whether the cool Airport Express basestation
(http://www.apple.com/uk/airportexpress/) announced by Apple yesterday
would be compatible with BT Broadband?

Thanks,
Neil
Old June 8th 04, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Chung

(Neil Thayer) wrote in
om:

Does anybody know whether the cool Airport Express basestation
(
http://www.apple.com/uk/airportexpress/) announced by Apple yesterday
would be compatible with BT Broadband?

It doesn't have anything to do with broadband. It's just a WiFi bridge as
far as the network's concerned.

--
My photos: http://www.weezer.plus.com/
To send me an e-mail, remove TEETH
Old June 8th 04, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Neil Thayer

Phil Chung wrote in message ...
(Neil Thayer) wrote in
om:

Does anybody know whether the cool Airport Express basestation
(
http://www.apple.com/uk/airportexpress/) announced by Apple yesterday
would be compatible with BT Broadband?

It doesn't have anything to do with broadband. It's just a WiFi bridge as
far as the network's concerned.

Hmmm, sorry if I'm being completely slow here but the Apple site
mentions that "Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort
Express and AirPort Extreme."

If it's a WiFi bridge (gateway or access point) will it infact work
with any wired connection, albeit broadband or LAN...? So if purchased
with a compatible wireless card with my Pc I would have wireless
internet access.
Old June 8th 04, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Chung

On 08 Jun 2004, Neil Thayer uttered the following:

Hmmm, sorry if I'm being completely slow here but the Apple site
mentions that "Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort
Express and AirPort Extreme."

Yes, AOL I expect...

If it's a WiFi bridge (gateway or access point) will it infact work
with any wired connection, albeit broadband or LAN...? So if purchased
with a compatible wireless card with my Pc I would have wireless
internet access.

It'll work with any WiFi network.

--
A closed mouth gathers no feet.