OT : Plusnet is broken

Old June 8th 04, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TX2

Default OT : Plusnet is broken

Seems Plusnet's news server news.plus.net has gone tits up.

I'm sitting here on a 512k ADSL connection and haven't received any
articles for at least an hour having posted two in approx an hour and a
half time span.

Anyone else got issues? I can't seem to raise Plusnet via Contact Us
either, and have an outstanding ticket on their system which hasn't been
looked at since approx midday today ....
Old June 8th 04, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Default Plusnet is broken

Tx2 wrote:
Seems Plusnet's news server news.plus.net has gone tits up.

I'm sitting here on a 512k ADSL connection and haven't received any
articles for at least an hour having posted two in approx an hour and
a half time span.

Anyone else got issues? I can't seem to raise Plusnet via Contact Us
either, and have an outstanding ticket on their system which hasn't
been looked at since approx midday today ....

I haven't received any for a while either - Google Groups indicates I have
everything that there is.

Using direct Giganews feed here by the way.

Dominic

Old June 8th 04, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

I haven't received any for a while either - Google Groups indicates I have
everything that there is.

Using direct Giganews feed here by the way.

Dominic

It's been fine for me via usenet.plus.net

Steven.

Old June 8th 04, 10:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

"Dominic" wrote in message
Steven Campbell wrote:
I haven't received any for a while either - Google Groups indicates
I have everything that there is.

Using direct Giganews feed here by the way.

Dominic

It's been fine for me via usenet.plus.net

Steven.

Why tell me?

Why not?

OP stated "Seems Plusnet's news server news.plus.net has gone tits up.
Anyone else got issues?"

You replied with "I haven't received any for a while either "

I replied with my opinion for both of you. I fail to see what the hassle is.

Steven.

Old June 8th 04, 11:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Steven Campbell wrote:
"Dominic" wrote in message
Steven Campbell wrote:
I haven't received any for a while either - Google Groups indicates
I have everything that there is.

Using direct Giganews feed here by the way.

Dominic

It's been fine for me via usenet.plus.net

Steven.

Why tell me?

Why not?

Because replying to the appropriate post makes it easier to keep track and
also makes it easier for people to read in the future when the thread is
finished.

You replied with "I haven't received any for a while either "

I replied with my opinion for both of you. I fail to see what the
hassle is.

I don't have an issue with my servers - it is very unlikely that the
Giganews servers are failing to provide a newsfeed, so I was pointing out
that there may in fact be no problem. I didn't ask if anyone had issues.

Replies in odd places make it difficult to read the thread, though I can
understand your reasoning if my post was slightly unclear as to its meaning,
so let that be an end to the matter

Dominic

Old June 9th 04, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Tx2 wrote:
It's been fine for me via usenet.plus.net

i'll give that a try ...

news.plus.net is a DNS alias for usenet.plus.net, so there'll be no
difference to you.

Chris
(also with PlusNet, but who mostly uses news.individual.net)
Old June 9th 04, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RobertJM

See their home page 'service status' they've been having problems recently,
although mine has been ok for last couple of days.

RobertJM

t...

Old June 9th 04, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:38:18 +0100, Tx2
wrote:

Seems Plusnet's news server news.plus.net has gone tits up.

I'm sitting here on a 512k ADSL connection and haven't received any
articles for at least an hour having posted two in approx an hour and a
half time span.

Anyone else got issues? I can't seem to raise Plusnet via Contact Us
either, and have an outstanding ticket on their system which hasn't been
looked at since approx midday today ....

Hi,

As far as I know there were no problems with the usenet platform
yesterday. Looking at the graphs there was interuption in service or
unusual loss/drop in the volume of posts being accepted.
It might be worth trying the beta usenet platform at beta.usenet.plus.net
if the problem persists and compare the results.

--
Regards,