BT picks Fujitsu for SDSL

Old June 9th 04, 02:10 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default BT picks Fujitsu for SDSL

Fujitsu has announced that its multi-service access node equipment - the
GeoStream Access Gateway - has been selected by BT to support its SDSL
(Symmetric Digital Subscriber Line) service deployment, following a
successful trial during 2003.

BT Wholesale recently asked its service provider customers for details of
geographical demand for SDSL services, with a view to extending rollout to a
further 150 exchanges. This will enable providers to supply business users
with symmetric broadband access at speeds of up to 2Mbit/s, as a
complementary facility to existing ADSL services. Fujitsu's GeoStream Access
Gateway combines industry-leading line density with scalabilty and
flexibility - supporting ADSL and SDSL services simultaneously with the
addition of an SHDSL (Single-pair High-speed Digital Subscriber Line, in
accordance with G.991.2) line card module. This means that any BT exchange
equipped with the GeoStream Access Gateway can be upgraded to support SDSL
quickly and efficiently.

Commenting for BT, Bill Mackenzie, BT Wholesale broadband platform general
manager, said: "Fujitsu continues to be a key supplier for BT, building on
the experience of the GeoStream Access Gateway, which we use to supply ADSL
broadband services. For our SDSL services, we were able to prove the
GeoStream Access Gateway's resilience and upgradeability during a demanding
trial at a number of London-based exchanges, and are now working to extend
the availability of SDSL in consultation with our service provider
customers."

http://www.lightreading.com/document...m&doc_id=54097

Regards
Sunil