Dumb Airport Express question

Old June 9th 04, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zzzzara

Default Dumb Airport Express question

The Airport Express looks the perfect way for me to get rid of the
ugly network and audio cable I've got running around the flat. Only
problem is I know nothing about Wi-Fi. Would really appreciate advice:

Do I just plug the network connection from my cable modem into the
Airport Express?

Will I have to buy an (expensive) Apple Wi-Fi card for my PC (running
XP) or can I get a cheap USB Wi-Fi dongle? If I get the dongle, will
the Apple "Airtunes" thingy work, or will it require proprietary Apple
hardware? What brands of dongle do people recommend?

thanks!