Plusnet back...

Old June 10th 04, 09:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Black Shuck

Default Plusnet back...

But are they planning any preventative measures to ensure that a single
point of failure cannot bring the whole network to it's knees again?

Just wondering???

--
"This dog don't give a feck..."
Old June 10th 04, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Black Shuck

Black Shuck wrote:
But are they planning any preventative measures to ensure that a single
point of failure cannot bring the whole network to it's knees again?

Just wondering???

Scub that statement, Plusnet is not back, it's still limping along like
a lame duck.. I cannot get to many sites, and even the microsoft news
servers are unobtainable....

--
"This dog don't give a feck..."
Old June 10th 04, 12:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Black Shuck" wrote in message
Black Shuck wrote:
But are they planning any preventative measures to ensure that a single
point of failure cannot bring the whole network to it's knees again?

Just wondering???

Scub that statement, Plusnet is not back, it's still limping along like
a lame duck.. I cannot get to many sites, and even the microsoft news
servers are unobtainable....

Try changing to their other DNS servers. Take a look at the feedback forum
on their web portal.

Jc.

Old June 10th 04, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:03:25 +0100, Black Shuck
wrote:

Black Shuck wrote:
But are they planning any preventative measures to ensure that a single
point of failure cannot bring the whole network to it's knees again?

Just wondering???

Scub that statement, Plusnet is not back, it's still limping along like
a lame duck.. I cannot get to many sites, and even the microsoft news
servers are unobtainable....

Hi there,

we have had several problems today, with DNS and it looks like one of
our swiches. This should be resolved, but we are not going to
officially post it as clear until full testing has passed ok. IF users
are still experiencing problems can you let me know please.

kind regards

Luke
--
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+
Old June 10th 04, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:31:53 +0100, PlusNet Support
wrote:

Hi there,

we have had several problems today, with DNS and it looks like one of
our swiches. This should be resolved, but we are not going to
officially post it as clear until full testing has passed ok. IF users
are still experiencing problems can you let me know please.

kind regards

Luke

Yes,

I'm having problems - no email - any idea when this is going to be
fixed?

--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Old June 11th 04, 04:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

wrote:

Hi there,

we have had several problems today, with DNS and it looks like one of
our swiches. This should be resolved, but we are not going to
officially post it as clear until full testing has passed ok. IF users
are still experiencing problems can you let me know please.

kind regards

Luke

Yes,

I'm having problems - no email - any idea when this is going to be
fixed?

The latest service statements should advise of this. We currently have
about 380000 emails queued with an ETA of 24 hrs for this to clear.

regards

Luke
Old June 11th 04, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Watts

"PlusNet Support" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:03:19 +0100, Peter

snip
We currently have about 380000 emails queued with an ETA of 24 hrs for

this to clear.

I wonder just how many of those are spam, virus reports or the like?

Chris

Old June 12th 04, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I wonder just how many of those are spam, virus reports or the like?
If the average figures are correct (I read it in the paper a couple of
days ago), somewhere is the region of 50-60%

I missed the earlier part of this thread, but if you`re talking about
email, I get 96-98% spam