ADSL what time on the activation date...

Old June 10th 04, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nojunkrequired

Default ADSL what time on the activation date...

.... does the service start?

I am on the MK Long-Reach Trial, got told the service was live today
(Thursday 10th) so installed the software and modem no problem, but it isn't
working.

Anyway the call desk say the service is always switched on at midnight. Fair
enough that is probably right, but the PWR and ADSL lights are always on -
but never the data light? So does that sound right?

No panic or anything am happy to try again in the morning or Saturday, but I
just wanted to ask here, as you guys seem to know your stuff.

Also I have Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC (what does it
do btw) and its got a red cross over the icon and says its diabled, for some
reason it won't enable - its been like this for ages. Is that going to stop
the USB modem working? - Worth asking I guess, as if the PC is knackered
then it would be cheeky to moan at the ISP.

To be honest I am keeping my fingers crossed it all works tomorrow - I am
not new to PC's etc, just got a new PC and have no XP or BB experience!
Everything looks different to my old trusty Win98 box.

I was previously on dialup and it worth perfect - but god isn't it slow!

Any comments welcome, if I have to manage on dialup I am moving house - I
have just had enough.

Regards

Old June 10th 04, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nojunkrequired

Default ADSL what time on the activation date... IGNORE

PLEASE IGNORE

"nojunkrequired" wrote in
message ...