Small Business Router/Firewall Recomendations

Old June 10th 04, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jaime

Default Small Business Router/Firewall Recomendations

Any recommendations on a device(s) suitable for the following:

ADSL Internet access for an office with 8-10 computers, running a variety of
Window OS's with a new win 2003 sbs.
Firewall.
Support for VPN (site-site and client-site).
Also ADSL vpn client device for 2nd site with 2 computers.
Support for VOIP (via additional fxs/fxo hardware).

Is it best to go for a dedicated hardware solution such as say the symantec
200/300 series security gateways, or a consumer ADSL Router with vpn and
firewall or is the software based tools in win 2003 sbs sufficient.

Of course security is important, however so is the budget.

Finally what Antivirus for the clients (win95/98/me/2000/xp)?

Thanks

Jaime

Old June 10th 04, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob382

vigor 2600 vgi www.draytek.co.uk about 230 inc vat or do it yourself with
an old banger pc running linux firewall and vpn and a 38 router

av www.avast.com

Rob

Old June 11th 04, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jaime

"Rob382" wrote in message
vigor 2600 vgi www.draytek.co.uk about 230 inc vat or do it yourself with
an old banger pc running linux firewall and vpn and a 38 router

av www.avast.com

Rob

snip

Thanks for the suggestion, is the 2600vg a sufficiently secure device to
guard the network?

Jaime

Old June 11th 04, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair

"jaime" wrote in message

"Rob382" wrote in message
vigor 2600 vgi www.draytek.co.uk about 230 inc vat or do it yourself

with
an old banger pc running linux firewall and vpn and a 38 router

av www.avast.com

Rob

snip

Thanks for the suggestion, is the 2600vg a sufficiently secure device to
guard the network?

As long as you set it up correctly, yes.

Old June 11th 04, 05:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Finally what Antivirus for the clients (win95/98/me/2000/xp)?

Norton Antivirus Corporate edition.....best AV I've ever used by far.

Old June 11th 04, 10:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jaime

"Phil" wrote in message

Finally what Antivirus for the clients (win95/98/me/2000/xp)?

Norton Antivirus Corporate edition.....best AV I've ever used by far.

Any suggestions for a supplier for a 10 license pack as the sources I found
seem much more expensive than the standard Norton AV.

Jaime

Old June 12th 04, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ron

"jaime" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message

Finally what Antivirus for the clients (win95/98/me/2000/xp)?

Norton Antivirus Corporate edition.....best AV I've ever used by far.

Any suggestions for a supplier for a 10 license pack as the sources I

found
seem much more expensive than the standard Norton AV.

Jaime

I got a symantec 200R for sale if you want it, think they retail at like 500
quid give me a shout