Bulldog - anyone care to comment?

Old June 10th 04, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Default Bulldog - anyone care to comment?

Hi,

I am considering a move from my present ISP and may consider Bulldog -
anyone got any comment on them?

--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Old June 11th 04, 01:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Baz

"Peter" wrote in message
Hi,

I am considering a move from my present ISP and may consider Bulldog -
anyone got any comment on them?

If your exchange has been LLU'd by Bulldog, then there is no one better to
go to.
If it hasn't, then it can be hit or miss.

Best go along to http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...&Board=bulldog
and read through the postings.

Baz

Old June 11th 04, 02:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Peter" wrote in message
I am considering a move from my present ISP and may consider Bulldog -
anyone got any comment on them?

What part of the country are you in and what service where you thinking of
getting?

Bulldog supply their service using several different methods for backhaul -
depending on where you are.

If you are in the Central London area you get put on Bulldog's own LLU
network with which you get 400K upload. (instead of 256K that the rest of us
have) and these customers seem to have almost no problems as Bulldog
directly control 100% of that equipment.

Its also worth pointing out that Bulldog has just been taken over by Cable
and Wireless, who have also announced that the number of LLU exchanges is
going to be increased from 38 (all in Central London) to around 200
(nationally)

If you are elsewhere in the country, the Primetime service is normally
provided over a "DataStream" connection - now most people using these also
have no problems but a few do. These problems however, tend to be
"localised" to a particular exchange until Bulldog upgrade their link to
that exchnage (which they do appear to actively do)

Personally, I am in South West London and tend to get good speeds most of
the time. During the day, when its supposed to be capped to about 60k
(512K), I can get up to 90/100k and in the evenings get 200k + when I am
downloading.

You may also want to look at
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...&Board=bulldog - unfortunately,
many of the comments there are negative but thats mainly due to the fact
that those who are happy with the service don't post. It might be difficult
to believe when you read there but the number of "complaints" are a lot less
than there were a few months ago as Bulldog gradually resolve individual
issues.

I think Bulldog have previously said that over 95%+ of their customers have
no problems (and I imagine the figure is higher how as problems are
resolved). It is a 12 month contract but if you have problems and they are
not resolved Bulldog appear to be willing to release you early with no
penalty.

btw, if you/anyone does decide to use Bulldog would you mind quoting my
referral code when signing up - just quote "bdol 87431" when signing up
online (under "How did you hear about Bulldog?/Referred by a Friend") or by
telephone.

Regards
Sunil

Old June 12th 04, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 02:37:57 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

"Peter" wrote in message
.. .
I am considering a move from my present ISP and may consider Bulldog -
anyone got any comment on them?

What part of the country are you in and what service where you thinking of
getting?

I'm in the 01639 area. I'm considering a basic 512K service with no
cap

Bulldog supply their service using several different methods for backhaul -
depending on where you are.

If you are in the Central London area you get put on Bulldog's own LLU
network with which you get 400K upload. (instead of 256K that the rest of us
have) and these customers seem to have almost no problems as Bulldog
directly control 100% of that equipment.

No chance of that

[...]

Certainly will.

--
Cheers