ADSL Modem Router

Old June 11th 04, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
KerplunKuK

Default ADSL Modem Router

I have had three Origo 8400 modems which have all been faulty, and I am
currently using a speed touch USB modem. Can anyone suggest a good easy to
use 4 port ADSL modem router. Wired only please no wireless.

Thanks

--
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Old June 11th 04, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alec McKenzie

"KerplunKuK" wrote:

I have had three Origo 8400 modems which have all been faulty, and I am
currently using a speed touch USB modem. Can anyone suggest a good easy to
use 4 port ADSL modem router. Wired only please no wireless.

FWIW my Dynamode has performed faultlessly for the year I have had it.

--
Alec McKenzie

Old June 11th 04, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
KerplunKuK

"Alec McKenzie" wrote in message
"KerplunKuK" wrote:

I have had three Origo 8400 modems which have all been faulty, and I am
currently using a speed touch USB modem. Can anyone suggest a good easy

use 4 port ADSL modem router. Wired only please no wireless.

FWIW my Dynamode has performed faultlessly for the year I have had it.

--
Alec McKenzie

What model number?

Thanks
--
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Old June 11th 04, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alec McKenzie

"KerplunKuK" wrote:

I have had three Origo 8400 modems which have all been faulty, and I am
currently using a speed touch USB modem. Can anyone suggest a good easy

use 4 port ADSL modem router. Wired only please no wireless.

FWIW my Dynamode has performed faultlessly for the year I have had it.

--
Alec McKenzie

What model number?

R-ADSL-C1, but that's the one with 1 USB + 1 ethernet port. The 4-port
version is R-ADSL-C4.

--
Alec McKenzie

Old June 11th 04, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flexi

SNIP

http://www.dynamode.co.uk/products/A...-C1%20(C4).doc

Old June 11th 04, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Russell

"KerplunKuK" wrote in message
I have had three Origo 8400 modems which have all been faulty, and I am
currently using a speed touch USB modem. Can anyone suggest a good easy

use 4 port ADSL modem router. Wired only please no wireless.

I've been using a Netgear DG814 for nearly 12 months now with no problems.
The newer DG834 is available from Ebuyer for 63.51 inc vat:

Russell

Old June 12th 04, 01:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Murphy

"KerplunKuK" wrote in message
I have had three Origo 8400 modems which have all been faulty, and I am
currently using a speed touch USB modem. Can anyone suggest a good easy

use 4 port ADSL modem router. Wired only please no wireless.

Thanks

--
Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm using the SMC 7404WBRA which has wireless but the cheaper SMC 7204BRA
looks like it would do the job cheaply for you (about 40 + VAT). Here's a
pdf link:
http://www.smc-europe.com/english/su...SMC7204WRA.pdf

Paul

Old June 13th 04, 08:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred bloggs

"KerplunKuK" wrote in message
I have had three Origo 8400 modems which have all been faulty, and I am
currently using a speed touch USB modem. Can anyone suggest a good easy

use 4 port ADSL modem router. Wired only please no wireless.

Thanks

--
Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'd go for the Dlink DSL 504 - mine's work well for over 12/13 months now
and you can usually pick them up for a snip on eBay.

Cheers, Mike