opera mobile accelarator

Old June 11th 04, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Default opera mobile accelarator

I have my own proxy server set up on my pc so I can access banned sites from
my college so I'm wondering how difficult it is to setup something similar
on my pc to opera, where the proxy server reduces the file size of the web
page so I can browse quicker on my mobile?

TIA

Dan

Old June 14th 04, 11:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, in uk.telecom.broadband, "Dan" wrote:

so I can access banned sites from my college

Being nosey (I previously worked in education), what sites have
they banned that you want to reach ? (My reply-to mail is good,
if you don't want to give much away that would alert the college)
Old June 14th 04, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

"poster" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, in uk.telecom.broadband, "Dan" wrote:

so I can access banned sites from my college

Being nosey (I previously worked in education), what sites have
they banned that you want to reach ? (My reply-to mail is good,
if you don't want to give much away that would alert the college)

If it is anything like my college then any website that has essays for sale
is banned. There are literally thousands of them.
http://www.studentcentral.co.uk
http://www.freeessays.cc
http://www.bestessays.com

Old June 15th 04, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
King Queen

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:26:38 +0100, poster
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, in uk.telecom.broadband, "Dan" wrote:

so I can access banned sites from my college

Being nosey (I previously worked in education), what sites have
they banned that you want to reach ?

I work in a school one day a week. Some months ago they were putting
on a Western pantomime - "The Lemonade Kid" - and we had to sort out
some toy guns. No problem I thought, I'll look them up on the Net.

No chance - any search for anything involving guns, even toy ones, is
refused and flags up with the Powers That Be :-)
--
King Queen - Remove .lartsspammers to reply. http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
"Advertising is the rattling of a stick in a swill bucket" George Orwell