Bandwidth throttling for the Linksys WRT54G Router with Sveasoft - firmware

Old June 11th 04, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
C. Wachler

Default Bandwidth throttling for the Linksys WRT54G Router with Sveasoft - firmware

Hello,

Question to everyone, concerning the sveasoft-firmware for the WRT54G
Router:

I have a 3 Megabit Internet-connection and 3 PCs, connected with WiFi
(W-LAN). I want to setup, that each of the PCs can download with a
max. speed of 1 Mbit, even if the other PCs are offline. I don't want
quality of service (QoS) or something like that, I want a 1 MBit
Connection for each of the PCs, not
more, not less.

I would be very nice if you could answer this, big thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany
Old June 11th 04, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ds

"C. Wachler" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

Question to everyone, concerning the sveasoft-firmware for the WRT54G
Router:

I have a 3 Megabit Internet-connection and 3 PCs, connected with WiFi
(W-LAN). I want to setup, that each of the PCs can download with a
max. speed of 1 Mbit, even if the other PCs are offline. I don't want
quality of service (QoS) or something like that, I want a 1 MBit
Connection for each of the PCs, not
more, not less.

I would be very nice if you could answer this, big thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany

You could just force your wireless adapters to 1mbps int he driver setup
page?

David.

Old June 12th 04, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
C. Wachler

"ds" wrote in message ...
"C. Wachler" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

Question to everyone, concerning the sveasoft-firmware for the WRT54G
Router:

I have a 3 Megabit Internet-connection and 3 PCs, connected with WiFi
(W-LAN). I want to setup, that each of the PCs can download with a
max. speed of 1 Mbit, even if the other PCs are offline. I don't want
quality of service (QoS) or something like that, I want a 1 MBit
Connection for each of the PCs, not
more, not less.

I would be very nice if you could answer this, big thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany

You could just force your wireless adapters to 1mbps int he driver setup
page?

David.

Well, that would be a solution, but I want to adjust the
download-speed also for other people, and they need only 512k or
something like that.

Greetings
Old June 12th 04, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

"C. Wachler" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

Question to everyone, concerning the sveasoft-firmware for the WRT54G
Router:

I have a 3 Megabit Internet-connection and 3 PCs, connected with WiFi
(W-LAN). I want to setup, that each of the PCs can download with a
max. speed of 1 Mbit, even if the other PCs are offline. I don't want
quality of service (QoS) or something like that, I want a 1 MBit
Connection for each of the PCs, not
more, not less.

I would be very nice if you could answer this, big thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany

Netlimiter allows program by program or overall download limits. As a
software solution it has to sit on each PC and can therefore be 'adjusted'
without you knowing, unless of course you install and 'hide' the file.
Upload is also limitable. Not quite what you asked for but a possible
solution. Google/netlimiter
its a freebie.