Broadband Voice question

Old June 12th 04, 09:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Landregan

Default Broadband Voice question

Is it possible to ring somebody by IP address?
There are several companies I use now publishing their IP telephony IP
address to ring them. I have BT Broadband Voice and was wondering if I could
ring them.

Old June 12th 04, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dd

"Paul Landregan" wrote in message
news
Is it possible to ring somebody by IP address?
There are several companies I use now publishing their IP
telephony IP address to ring them. I have BT Broadband
Voice and was wondering if I could ring them.

No Broadband Voice is a completely closed service, more like a standard
phoneline than it is like any of the other online VoIP services.

Old June 12th 04, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Landregan

"dd" wrote in message ...
"Paul Landregan" wrote in message
news
Is it possible to ring somebody by IP address?
There are several companies I use now publishing their IP
telephony IP address to ring them. I have BT Broadband
Voice and was wondering if I could ring them.

No Broadband Voice is a completely closed service, more like a standard
phoneline than it is like any of the other online VoIP services.

Arh well. free regular calls then.
I wonder if i could alter the config in the phone adaptor to use a proper
VoIP service?

Old June 12th 04, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
monkeying......

"Paul Landregan" wrote in message
. ..

"dd" wrote in message

"Paul Landregan" wrote in message
news
Is it possible to ring somebody by IP address?
There are several companies I use now publishing their IP
telephony IP address to ring them. I have BT Broadband
Voice and was wondering if I could ring them.

No Broadband Voice is a completely closed service, more like a standard
phoneline than it is like any of the other online VoIP services.

Arh well. free regular calls then.
I wonder if i could alter the config in the phone adaptor to use a proper
VoIP service?

Hmmm no?....if you achieve anything like this drop me a line!!)

---

Old June 12th 04, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alexander Mann

Paul Landregan wrote:
"dd" wrote in message ...

"Paul Landregan" wrote in message
news
Is it possible to ring somebody by IP address?
There are several companies I use now publishing their IP
telephony IP address to ring them. I have BT Broadband
Voice and was wondering if I could ring them.

No Broadband Voice is a completely closed service, more like a standard
phoneline than it is like any of the other online VoIP services.

Arh well. free regular calls then.
I wonder if i could alter the config in the phone adaptor to use a proper
VoIP service?

I think you can flash with Cisco adapter with different firmwares...

Old June 13th 04, 01:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:55:39 +0100, Alexander Mann
wrote:

I think you can flash with Cisco adapter with different firmwares...

you can, its easier than returning it to the MGCP profile used by BT
but both are possible.

Phil
Old June 14th 04, 01:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Blunt

wrote:

I think you can flash with Cisco adapter with different firmwares...

you can, its easier than returning it to the MGCP profile used by BT
but both are possible.

I had problems getting the ATA to download the firmware from BT, so BT
emailed it to me. Having the firmware available locally makes it quite
easy to reload again if necessary after you've done something like
load a SIP image into the device.

Old June 14th 04, 08:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 20:56:01 -0400, Chris Blunt
wrote:

Having the firmware available locally makes it quite
easy to reload again if necessary after you've done something like
load a SIP image into the device.

indeed, I had to get them to email it after my SIP experiment too.

Phil
Old June 14th 04, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Landregan

wrote:

Having the firmware available locally makes it quite
easy to reload again if necessary after you've done something like
load a SIP image into the device.

indeed, I had to get them to email it after my SIP experiment too.

Phil

Hmm good idea, will try and blag my firmware from them.