Pipex Emergency dial-up

Old June 13th 04, 03:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Wizzo

Default Pipex Emergency dial-up

Hi, I remember seeing sombody post a link to the pipex page which showed how
to configure the emergency free dial-up connection that comes with Pipex BB
accounts. I've just signed and am awaiting activation but would like to get
it all set-up before hand, including this, rather than wait and fekk about
with it if/when i do have a problem.

TIA

senote

Old June 13th 04, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alien Zord

"Mr Wizzo" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Hi, I remember seeing sombody post a link to the pipex page which showed

how
to configure the emergency free dial-up connection that comes with Pipex

BB
accounts. I've just signed and am awaiting activation but would like to

get
it all set-up before hand, including this, rather than wait and fekk about
with it if/when i do have a problem.

Do you always put on clean underwear just in case you get knocked down?

http://www.xtreme.pipex.net/adsl/services/dial-backup/

Old June 13th 04, 10:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Hi, I remember seeing sombody post a link to the pipex page which showed how
to configure the emergency free dial-up connection that comes with Pipex BB
accounts. I've just signed and am awaiting activation but would like to get
it all set-up before hand, including this, rather than wait and fekk about
with it if/when i do have a problem.

I made a note of the website a while ago, as pasted below...

---

http://www.xtreme.pipex.net/adsl/services/dial-backup/

In the unlikely event that:
You have to call PIPEX to report a fault with your ADSL service,
or...
BT inform us of a fault that has occurred at your local exchange
which affects your ADSL service, or...
BT inform us about maintenance work planned that could disrupt
your service...
PIPEX are pleased to offer an analogue dial-up service which you can use
completely free of charge while the fault is investigated and resolved.

To use the service you will need a standard analogue dial-up modem
connected to the same line you use for ADSL (via a micro-filter, if you
are using a self-install ADSL service). Set up a dial-up connection from
your computer as shown on the PIPEX Dial Support pages, but using the
special Point of Presence telephone number 1470 0808 991 6035 rather than
any of those listed on those pages.

Your login name and password should be exactly as set up for your ADSL
connection (your username should be in the format:
or ). All other details (eg
mail-server names and logins, etc) all remain exactly the same as used
for your ADSL connection.

Access to the dial-up service will normally be automatically enabled no
more than 90 minutes after your fault has been escalated to BT, or after
BT notify us of an exchange fault. After this, all use of this dial-up
service is free and all Internet calls made to the special 0808 number
are free. Please note, however, that PIPEX cannot guarantee that the
service will be always be available to you, that use of the service is
restricted to the line used for your ADSL service and that your IP
address will be different to that used on your ADSL service, and will
always be dynamically allocated.

Once connected you might find the following particularly useful:

ETracker - enables you to check the status of any fault that
you're experiencing and...
http://www.xtreme.pipex.net/etracker/
NetMail - which you can use to monitor your PIPEX ADSL mailbox and
reply to messages, all via the Web.
https://netmail.pipex.net/adsl/

If you need help to set up a connection to use this dial-up service, have
any questions or would like to make a comment about the service please
contact PIPEX Customer Support on the usual number: 0845 077 8324.

Old June 13th 04, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Wizzo

Thanks very muchly :-D

Old June 13th 04, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Wizzo

Do you always put on clean underwear just in case you get knocked down?

http://www.xtreme.pipex.net/adsl/services/dial-backup/

Doesn't everyone?

Old June 13th 04, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Do you always put on clean underwear just in case you get knocked down?
Doesn't everyone?

Whose underwear ? cough

Old June 14th 04, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alien Zord

"MeatballTurbo" wrote in message
t...

Whats underwear?