Tiscali and Speedtouch 530

Old June 13th 04, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Foley

Default Tiscali and Speedtouch 530

I was hoping someone can help me understand how to connect to Tiscali using
my Speedtouch 530 via its network connection.

I used to use the speedtouch on a home business line connected to Kingston
(business only). The modem was set up as an always on connection and did
not a pc to be on. The unit connected to a switch and the pc's in the kids
rooms all had their own internet connection

Having moved on from from my last job, I have had to sort my own broadband
connection out. I went for tiscali having asked them about compatibility
(they use this modem for their business setup). The connection is fine with
the Sagem modem they provide which seems to be set up more like a
conventional dial in model (indeed it needs to dial 0,38??? I do not seem
to be able to work out how to set the Speedtouch.up. Please can someone
offer some help.

Many thanks,

bob

Old June 13th 04, 02:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

Having moved on from from my last job, I have had to sort my own broadband
connection out. I went for tiscali having asked them about compatibility
(they use this modem for their business setup). The connection is fine with
the Sagem modem they provide which seems to be set up more like a
conventional dial in model (indeed it needs to dial 0,38??? I do not seem
to be able to work out how to set the Speedtouch.up. Please can someone
offer some help.

Many thanks,

bob

I have just setup one of these for a friend on Wanadoo and he was having
trouble getting it working. If you need any assitance, then email me.

[email protected] DOT co DOT uk

Cheers

Dave

Old July 5th 04, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Warren

Bob,

Sorry, can't be much help here other than to say that I'm having
exactly the same problem with Tiscali and the Speedtouch 530 - I even
sent the modem back to the supplied for testing.

If you do find out how to make it work, I'd appreciate it if you could
let me know, likewise I'll do the same.

Thanks,

Warren