Trouble with SMC Router

Old June 13th 04, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
martin

Default Trouble with SMC Router

I've got an SMC Barricade router and everything works just fine. Except now
I'd like to change my requirements.

I'm developing a web site on my Unix server. I can see the Apache splash
screen when I access the server internally, but when I try to access it
externally I get a Server Error: 403 Forbidden.

I have gone into my configuration menu on the router and set up a Virtual
Host with Public Port=80, Private Port=80, Type=TCP Host=192.168.1.250

I'm trying to test it by using www.proxify.com and entering my outbound IP
address, and a no-ip DNS mapping of demark2.no-ip.info, that is where I get
the Server Error showing up in both cases.

I've tried turning the web server off, and the error message doesn't change.

Am I missing something here?

Cheers
Martin

Old June 13th 04, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

You could try temporariliy going into Misc Items and putting the server IP
into IP Address of DMZ Host (so the SMC firewall is inoperative for that
IP), to see if that makes any odds. If it does, you obviously need to look
at how you're using the firewall.

"Martin" wrote in message
[...]

---

Old June 13th 04, 11:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
martin

Java Jive wrote:
You could try temporariliy going into Misc Items and putting the server IP
into IP Address of DMZ Host (so the SMC firewall is inoperative for that
IP), to see if that makes any odds. If it does, you obviously need to look
at how you're using the firewall.

Why didn't I think of that? Great idea.

Hold on a sec.

No, that still didn't work I must admit to getting a bit frustraited
now. I'll keep plugging away. I'll try different port redirections
tomorrow. Kind of upset right now after watching our goalie score an
own-goal

I'll post tomorrow one way or the other.

fwiw I/m running Firmware 2.28b I will try upgrading to the latest
version tomorrow as well.