NTL Cable Broadband Service dropping out continually - anyone else too?

Old June 13th 04, 03:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nigel R

Default NTL Cable Broadband Service dropping out continually - anyone else too?

For the past 3-4 weeks (June 2004) both Web and Mail access drops out
for period of 5 mins to an hour or so, at any time of the day. This
has been every day in the last week or so. It does not match any
specific service annoucements NTL have been making.

I am aware how difficult it will be to get this seriously investigated
and that NTL will initially refer me to my own router/PC as the
culprit. I do not believe these are the cause (no resetting of local
eqpt needs to be done - the service just return when it feels like
it). I suspect that NTL's servers are overloaded or going thru
maintenance or other problems but proof would be nice.

I am in the IP range 80.6.206.xxx and am on the East side of Reading.

Anyone else been experiencing the same?

Cheers,
Nigel
Old June 13th 04, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Wizzo

"Nigel R" wrote in message
om...
For the past 3-4 weeks (June 2004) both Web and Mail access drops out
for period of 5 mins to an hour or so, at any time of the day. This
has been every day in the last week or so. It does not match any
specific service annoucements NTL have been making.

I am aware how difficult it will be to get this seriously investigated
and that NTL will initially refer me to my own router/PC as the
culprit. I do not believe these are the cause (no resetting of local
eqpt needs to be done - the service just return when it feels like
it). I suspect that NTL's servers are overloaded or going thru
maintenance or other problems but proof would be nice.

Your lucky for most of the past month I've been cut off at 6-8pm and had to
wait till 2-4am for it to return properly. That to me is **** poor and
unnaceptable.

Goodbye NTL hello ADSL