Trying to contact Plusnet

Old June 13th 04, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Road_Hog

Default Trying to contact Plusnet

Is it me? This is the second time I have tried to contact PlusNet and find
it very difficult to just click on a contact email link and then send them
an email.

The whole system seems to be geared up to having to jump through hoops to
talk to them, I'm used to seeing a "contact us link" and hitting that to
send an email for whatever purpose. With ClaraNet and FreeUK (on dialup) it
was easy.

At this stage, I would say that I'm asking for help and not smart arse
replies, it is probably simple to some, but as a customer who can't be an
expert in every field it seems difficult, a bit like the banks that keep
offering you number options on the phone rather than putting you through to
a customer service advisor.

Incidently I'm only trying to upgrade from 512K to a 2MB account, I managed
to get through to them asking for a regrade price to which I got a reply but
having replied to that to say yes I was told that it was an automated
response and to go back through the portal.

Any recommendations on 2MB easy to contact broadband suppliers would be
appreciated. I'm on a monthly account so it will be easy to swap.

TIA

Alastair Smith

Also newsgroups seem incredibly slow to update on PlusNet

Old June 13th 04, 07:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

"Road_Hog" wrote in message:

[...]

Hi I have not upgraded via Plusnet so I may not be right but if you log in
to your account and click on Connection Settings and then Upgrade Account,
you are given the different speed options and prices.

Old June 14th 04, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

"Road_Hog" wrote in message
Is it me? This is the second time I have tried to contact PlusNet and find
it very difficult to just click on a contact email link and then send them
an email.

It is confusing. I had the same problem the other day. I just kept going
round in circles.
If you have already contacted them then you might have a ticket open. Just
click on contact us and see if there is a ticket that requires some action.

If not follow the wizard.

Contact us New Query Account changes Upgrade my account My Account
cannot be upgraded Other account.

This will take you to their on-line email form.

Steven.

Old June 14th 04, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Road_Hog

"Steven Campbell" quite correctly wrote in
message ...
"Road_Hog" wrote in message
Is it me? This is the second time I have tried to contact PlusNet and

find
it very difficult to just click on a contact email link and then send

them
an email.

It is confusing. I had the same problem the other day. I just kept going
round in circles.

I know the feeling, going round in circles.

If you have already contacted them then you might have a ticket open. Just
click on contact us and see if there is a ticket that requires some

action.

Yes, I have now found that, why I couldn't just hit reply to their email, I
don't know. Imagine if customers adopted the same system where they couldn't
send emails direct.

If not follow the wizard.

The Wizard of Oz down the never ending Yellow Brick Road I feel.