Old May 29th 05, 03:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Deag

Default Grandstream ATA and 1899

"David Floyd" wrote in message
In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, Deag writes
David Floyd wrote:
In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes

"David Floyd" wrote in message
news In message of Sat, 28 May 2005, AlexDeag writes
Has anyone got them to work?

Not for a week now.

DF

What do you get? I keep getting it disconnecting when it answers,
but then I have never got it to work.

It worked perfectly for me from the time VoIP was introduced by 1899
(using Grandstream ATA-486). Then just over a week ago they said they
were going to withdraw support for SIP devices. Then they changed
their mind because they found extra capacity.

From that day I have not been able to use 1899ViOP with my ATA-486. I
can make a call (I try it to my landline) and the phone rings and
caller display shows up. But I don't get the 1899 announcement on
the calling phone and no ringing tones.

When my land line stops ringing (it should then go to Call minder) I
get the beep-beep-beep sound.

I've tried changing the ATA settings all over the place, but I can't
get it working. Funny though that it all works OK with 18866VoIP.

DF

I get the same thing with both 18866 and 1899, beep-beep-beep.

Are you using a Grandstream ATA-486? If so, I'll let you know the settings
I'm using.

DF

I am using the 286 but the web interface is pretty similar according to the
Grandstream web site.