Itunes and cddb

Old June 13th 04, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Miles

Default Itunes and cddb

Recently got Broadband.
All seems to be working OK apart from the following:
Cannot access CDDB info when using itunes.
Message comes back "Server times out waiting for information from cddb".

Also trouble with accessing Startup Inspector and various sites such as:
First Direct and Paypal.

Cannot be firewall (zone alarm) as have tried it without.
No proxy setting either.

Seems certain programmes do not like Local Area Connections, cos all work
with dial up.

Miles
Old June 13th 04, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On 13 Jun 2004 22:19:11 GMT, Miles
wrote:

Cannot access CDDB info when using itunes.
Message comes back "Server times out waiting for information from cddb".

check you have the right address for the cddb.

Also trouble with accessing Startup Inspector

no idea what that is.

and various sites such as: First Direct and Paypal.

Cannot be firewall (zone alarm) as have tried it without.
No proxy setting either.

Try setting an explicity proxy. NTL has frequent problems with its
transparent proxies.

Seems certain programmes do not like Local Area Connections, cos all work
with dial up.

No, its nothing to do with that. All these work fine with me.