Anyone able to suggest a good broadband pacage with a free/cheap router?

Old June 14th 04, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Finnigan

Default Anyone able to suggest a good broadband pacage with a free/cheap router?

Hi,
i`m asking for a friend - I`m very happy with the service I get from NDO.
My friend wants broadband without paying anything up front, and she wants a
router - wireless would be ideal, but wires are acceptable if she has to
have them.

I`ve tried explaining that sometimes the best deals aren`t the cheapest, but
she`s skint and can`t afford to pay anything out up front, but can afford
slightly higher monthly payments if needed.

Anyone got any good companies to reccomend?

Thanks for your help.

Old June 14th 04, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Simon Finnigan" wrote in message

Hi,
i`m asking for a friend - I`m very happy with the service I get from
NDO. My friend wants broadband without paying anything up front, and
she wants a router - wireless would be ideal, but wires are
acceptable if she has to have them.

Virgin and Onetel both offer free activation

Virgin have a monthly contract and charge £10 for a USB modem.

Onetel offer the USB modem for free but the contract is for 12 months.

If your friend wants a router instead - then she is much better off getting
a router seperately.

The only ISP that I know of which "bundles" a router is
http://www.router-aid.co.uk/ - but I have no experience of them and given
their charges, it would be alot cheaper using someone else

Nobody bundles a "free" wireless router..

Regards
Sunil

Old June 14th 04, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rifleman

"Simon Finnigan" wrote in message
Hi,
i`m asking for a friend - I`m very happy with the service I get from NDO.

I'm currently on ISDN dial-up with NDO, generally the service is reasonably
good. We're moving to broadband next year some time. What NDO package are
you on? I was a bit confused by the options available on their website!

Cheers

Old June 14th 04, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Finnigan

"Rifleman" wrote in message
"Simon Finnigan" wrote in message
Hi,
i`m asking for a friend - I`m very happy with the service I get from

NDO.

I'm currently on ISDN dial-up with NDO, generally the service is

reasonably
good. We're moving to broadband next year some time. What NDO package are
you on? I was a bit confused by the options available on their website!

I`m on a package that costs about £28 a month. That covers the cost of the
router etc. Apart from that I`m not sure what package it is :-)

But I`ve been very happy with the service. Fast downloads constantly, and a
nice secure reliable connection - had a problem to start with losing the
connection, but that turned out to be a faulty filter. Other than that I`m
made up with them.

Old June 15th 04, 08:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rifleman

"Rifleman" wrote in message
[...]

And do you use email through them? That was one of the things I was confused
about!