plusnet down again?

Old June 14th 04, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deano

Default plusnet down again?

Sad to say, I think Plusnet are down again including the portal. I'm
notoriously patient but even I'm getting wound up now.

Think I need to move my domain back to freeparking so I can reroute mail
when this happens...

Old June 14th 04, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
truman

I am having serious problems with mail via plusnet - for about 1 month now,
and it's getting worse. Wish I'd never signed up with them. They have been
coming up with a string of excuses - the latest is that they are testing a
beta server or something - it's pathetic.

truman

Old June 14th 04, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Cain

"Deano" wrote in message
Sad to say, I think Plusnet are down again including the portal. I'm
notoriously patient but even I'm getting wound up now.

Same here. You don't expect this sort of amateurish nonsense from an
established provider.

Old June 14th 04, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

In article , deanma66999
@hotmail.com says...

Sad to say, I think Plusnet are down again including the portal. I'm
notoriously patient but even I'm getting wound up now.

The webmail system on the portal is off due to the mail issues
documented in the service status - although you are free to use
http://beta.webmail.plus.net instead.

Regards,
--
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---+
Old June 14th 04, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wira One

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:32:50 +0000, truman wrote:

I am having serious problems with mail via plusnet - for about 1 month now,
and it's getting worse. Wish I'd never signed up with them. They have been
coming up with a string of excuses - the latest is that they are testing a
beta server or something - it's pathetic.

Agreed .. and I wonder why when we complained about our ISP, there are
some smart people asked us to go for 3rd party providers? We paid our ISP
to serve what they're paid for! BTW, the mail server is kind of yo-yo
right now.. and as pointed above, excuses and more excuses coming from
them.
Old June 14th 04, 03:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Duncan Hill

Deano uttered in :

Sad to say, I think Plusnet are down again including the portal. I'm
notoriously patient but even I'm getting wound up now.

Think I need to move my domain back to freeparking so I can reroute mail
when this happens...

I use the clone service - Force9 - and have had no noticeable issues at all.
Then again, I don't rely on my Force9 mail account for most of my mail, nor
do I use the web interface for mail or any other reason. I've used ISPs in
three countries now, and frankly, Force9 are better than some I've used. I
think my ISP in the US was the worst when it came to reliability, but they
were the only high-speed access in town.

However, different people have different experiences. Seeing as there isn't
a monopoly ISP, nothing stops you from migrating if you find the service to
be that much of an issue. I don't, so I won't.

--
Posting addr feeds straight to DCC and others. dhill + nana = cricalix ,
net for direct mail.
Old June 14th 04, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TX2

In article ,
, a.k.a PlusNet Support Team says...

The webmail system on the portal is off due to the mail issues
documented in the service status - although you are free to use
http://beta.webmail.plus.net instead.

I'm getting a bit fed up with Plusnet keep telling customers to use beta
servers/services. A lot of customers may not know how to reconfigure
their machines or have a desire to use alternatives to accommodate
Plusnet's shortcomings. Besides, why should they when Plusnet should
have a fully working infrastructure delivering the services customers
pay for?

I for one am looking for a 3rd party email service as the one Plusnet
provide has been flaky in all the years i've been using them. The
promises of improvements has worn very thin on me.

/rant