New to Broadband

Old June 14th 04, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Miles

Default New to Broadband

CDDB: Timed out waiting for server.

Using dial up I had no problems accessing CDDB (cd look up) in Itunes.
With Broadband it just gives above message.

I also can no longer access sites such as:
First Direct and Paypal. By this I mean the secure sites not the general
homepage.

Yet I have changed nothing on my machine.

My modem settings a
Protocol: PPPoA VC-Mux
VPI: 0
VCI: 38
ADSL Handshake Protocol: Autosense - G.dmt first
Connection Mode: Manual Connect/Disconnec

Any help would be appreciated.

Miles
Old June 14th 04, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

"Miles" wrote in message
CDDB: Timed out waiting for server.

Using dial up I had no problems accessing CDDB (cd look up) in Itunes.
With Broadband it just gives above message.

I also can no longer access sites such as:
First Direct and Paypal. By this I mean the secure sites not the general
homepage.

Yet I have changed nothing on my machine.

My modem settings a
Protocol: PPPoA VC-Mux
VPI: 0
VCI: 38
ADSL Handshake Protocol: Autosense - G.dmt first
Connection Mode: Manual Connect/Disconnec

Any help would be appreciated.

Miles

What modem do you have?

Old June 14th 04, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Miles

"Gareth not NLL or anybody else." wrote in
:

"Miles" wrote in message
CDDB: Timed out waiting for server.

Using dial up I had no problems accessing CDDB (cd look up) in Itunes.
With Broadband it just gives above message.

I also can no longer access sites such as:
First Direct and Paypal. By this I mean the secure sites not the

general
homepage.

Yet I have changed nothing on my machine.

My modem settings a
Protocol: PPPoA VC-Mux
VPI: 0
VCI: 38
ADSL Handshake Protocol: Autosense - G.dmt first
Connection Mode: Manual Connect/Disconnec

Any help would be appreciated.

Miles

What modem do you have?

It is a Binatone ADSL 500.
I know it is not great but it is temp whilst i get the handg of
broadband.
Miles
Old June 14th 04, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

It is a Binatone ADSL 500.
I know it is not great but it is temp whilst i get the handg of
broadband.
Miles

http://www.charitydays.net/support/a...em_guide.shtml
There is a guide to setting up your modem there ^ ^ ^
Are you on windows xp?? if you are, is you firewall on??
Are you using cddb from www.freedb.org/ if so the servers run cddbp on port
8880 and http on port 80.