Surge protector required for router?

Old June 14th 04, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

Default Surge protector required for router?

Hi, when I was on dial-up I had 2 internal modems fry due to lightening
strikes.
Are routers just as easy to fry as modems?
If I bought a surge protector would that have any effect on the ADSL signal?

thanks

Steven.

Old June 14th 04, 10:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
martin

Steven Campbell wrote:

Hi, when I was on dial-up I had 2 internal modems fry due to lightening
strikes.
Are routers just as easy to fry as modems?
If I bought a surge protector would that have any effect on the ADSL signal?

these are the guys you want http://www.mtlsurgetechnologies.com/

I must admit I use to be their chief engineer, and they really do make
the best products on the market.

Oh, you should have a UPS as well, and don't get a 10 quid so-called
surge protector from Dixons, they'll not protect you against a lightning
strike, MTL will

thanks

Steven.

Old June 15th 04, 03:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Steven Campbell wrote:
Hi, when I was on dial-up I had 2 internal modems fry due to lightening
strikes.
Are routers just as easy to fry as modems?
If I bought a surge protector would that have any effect on the ADSL signal?

When a lightening storm approaches, I just put on sunglasses.