Newbie

Old June 14th 04, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Miles

Default Newbie

My local exchange is now broadband enabled.
I have broadband working.
I seem to have it set up as a LAN, is this right?
I only have the one compuer.
Miles
Old June 14th 04, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Foster

"Miles" wrote in message
My local exchange is now broadband enabled.
I have broadband working.
I seem to have it set up as a LAN, is this right?
I only have the one compuer.
Miles

Welcome to the psychic hotline. All our operators are busy at the moment.
Your call is important to us. Please hold.

Old June 14th 04, 11:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

My local exchange is now broadband enabled.
I have broadband working.
I seem to have it set up as a LAN, is this right?
I only have the one compuer.

You`ll need to give us more info i`m afraid - the type of equipment (USB
/ PCI / router) would be a start.

Old June 14th 04, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Miles

Colin Wilson wrote in
t:

My local exchange is now broadband enabled.
I have broadband working.
I seem to have it set up as a LAN, is this right?
I only have the one compuer.

You`ll need to give us more info i`m afraid - the type of equipment

(USB
/ PCI / router) would be a start.

Apologies, this is new to me.
OK, 1 PC, 1 USB Modem ( a Binatone ASDL 500),1 ISP.
No router.
Miles
Old June 15th 04, 12:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Rutson

"Miles" wrote in message
Colin Wilson wrote in
t:

My local exchange is now broadband enabled.
I have broadband working.
I seem to have it set up as a LAN, is this right?
I only have the one compuer.

You`ll need to give us more info i`m afraid - the type of equipment

(USB
/ PCI / router) would be a start.

Apologies, this is new to me.
OK, 1 PC, 1 USB Modem ( a Binatone ASDL 500),1 ISP.
No router.
Miles

yes

Old June 15th 04, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Apologies, this is new to me.
OK, 1 PC, 1 USB Modem ( a Binatone ASDL 500),1 ISP.
No router.

If its working, I wouldn`t worry about it - some devices set up the
connection in different ways, but afaik USB devices generally need to be
told to "dial" rather than connecting "via LAN"