Pipex Webspace

Old June 15th 04, 10:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Default Pipex Webspace

I noticed yesterday that some pages uploaded to my Pipex webspace were inaccessible.

Going in via my ftp client I was amazed to discover that
some pages I'd uploaded a week ago were missing, and others that I'd
superceded were back to their older versions !

Is this nonsense common with Pipex ? (I've only recently
started using my web space)

I see the Network status page at
http://www.pipex.net/cgi-bin/nsus-di...EX§ion=Web
mentions problems for some, but not what I've experienced. BTW I've only
got a couple of Meg's worth of data uploaded.

I'd e-mail Pipex support, but from earlier experiences with them I'm better
off talking to a brick wall.

Old June 15th 04, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mumraaaaaaaaaaa

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
I noticed yesterday that some pages uploaded to my Pipex webspace were

inaccessible.

Going in via my ftp client I was amazed to discover that
some pages I'd uploaded a week ago were missing, and others that I'd
superceded were back to their older versions !

Is this nonsense common with Pipex ? (I've only recently
started using my web space)

I see the Network status page at
http://www.pipex.net/cgi-bin/nsus-di...EX§ion=Web
mentions problems for some, but not what I've experienced. BTW I've only
got a couple of Meg's worth of data uploaded.

I'd e-mail Pipex support, but from earlier experiences with them I'm

better
off talking to a brick wall.

I've got 50mb of pipex web space which I use for a personal web site, I've
found that it can be very unreliable, it goes down about 3 or 4 times a
month at least, I've tried emailing pipex, but all you get is some smarmy
reply saying "please refresh your browser" taking into account that I'm a
network engineer I think I could teach them a few lessons in connectivity.

Best option is don't use for anything and buy some decent web space for
about 4 a month, I've even tried it for hosting ebay pictures and found it
useless as the pictures would go missing on ebay once pipex web space goes
down.

Peter

Old June 16th 04, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
King Queen

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:33:09 +0100, "Mark Carver"
wrote:

I noticed yesterday that some pages uploaded to my Pipex webspace were inaccessible.

Going in via my ftp client I was amazed to discover that
some pages I'd uploaded a week ago were missing, and others that I'd
superceded were back to their older versions !

Quite a few people have said this recently.

I suspect they had some sort of failure and went to an early backup.
You'd have thought if they did that they would put something on their
service status page, but no.

I've been with them since November and I think this is the only time
I've heard of this happening, so don't worry not a regular occurrence.

Doug
--
King Queen - Remove .lartsspammers to reply. http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
"Advertising is the rattling of a stick in a swill bucket" George Orwell