BT ADSL Upload speed

Old June 15th 04, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan Williams

Default BT ADSL Upload speed

We have a BT ADSL connection at our office with a 2MB download
connection, but unfortunately it only has a 250kbps upload speed
(http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/bro.../network_2000).

Why is that? Or always thought that the upload speed was always half
the download? We're hosting a web site and need to access Exchange
from our server so need to improve our upload speed.

Any suggestions?

SDSL isn't available down in Torquay until April 2005!!

Thanks in advance

Dan Williams.
Old June 15th 04, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Landregan

"Dan Williams" wrote in message
om...
We have a BT ADSL connection at our office with a 2MB download
connection, but unfortunately it only has a 250kbps upload speed
(http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/bro.../network_2000).

Why is that? Or always thought that the upload speed was always half
the download? We're hosting a web site and need to access Exchange
from our server so need to improve our upload speed.

Any suggestions?

SDSL isn't available down in Torquay until April 2005!!

Thanks in advance

Dan Williams.

Have a look on adsl guide on the topic of bonding. This is the only way at
present that you can get better upload speeds without SDSL.

Old June 16th 04, 08:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ian.Grindey

Dan Williams wrote:

We have a BT ADSL connection at our office with a 2MB download
connection, but unfortunately it only has a 250kbps upload speed
(http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/bro.../network_2000).

Why is that? Or always thought that the upload speed was always half
the download? We're hosting a web site and need to access Exchange
from our server so need to improve our upload speed.

Any suggestions?

SDSL isn't available down in Torquay until April 2005!!

Thanks in advance

Dan Williams.

So that BT's leased line market is not unduly affected perhaps. Also
remember there is no sla with ADSL probably again for the above reason
--
Output Certified Microsoft free
Checked with Suse 9.1