Old June 7th 05, 03:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default TA612V problem on Sipgate

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

A friend has just bought a Netgear TA612V for use with Sipgate and it
all works fine apart from a strange problem that I've never come across
before.

When he plugs a normal wired phone in, using the supplied RJ11-BT
adaptor, the phone rings continuously, although not with a full ring,
more a sort of half ring. I haven't heard it directly so can only
describe it as he did to me over the phone..!

A DECT phone seems to work ok.

Can anyone advise..?

Ivor

It's sorted now, it was a duff RJ11-BT adaptor. It was the one supplied
with the TA612V so be aware if you buy one of these to check the adaptor
works..!

Ivor