DSL PIPEX PROBLEM

Old June 16th 04, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PATRIOT

Default DSL PIPEX PROBLEM

I SIGNED UP TO PIPEX BB SOLO 250 AT THE BEGIN OF THIS MONTH
I WAS ACTIVATED NO PROBLEMS,& FOR THE 1ST WEEK I HAD NO PROBLEMS
BUT RECENTLY I KEEP GETTING DISCONNECTED [PARTICALLY WHEN IM D/L]
I HAVE TO CLOSE ALL WINDOWS N REBOOT MY CONNECTION
[WHICH CONNECTS STRAIGHT AWAY]
AS I DO MOST OF MY D/L OVERNITE HOPING ITS DONE IN MORNING
ONLY TO FIND MY PIPEX CONNECTION AS DISCONNECTED
IM USING A THOMSON SPEEDTOUCH 330 MODEM VIA USB
2 MICRO FILTERS 1 TO EACH BT SOCKET
RUNNING AMD ATHLON XP

ANY IDEAS Y IT DOING THIS?

CHZS
JAY

Old June 16th 04, 09:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
KerplunKuK

"PATRIOT" wrote in message
om...

IM USING A THOMSON SPEEDTOUCH 330 MODEM VIA USB
2 MICRO FILTERS 1 TO EACH BT SOCKET
RUNNING AMD ATHLON XP

ANY IDEAS Y IT DOING THIS?

Do you have you USB set to turn off to save power? Go into control panel,
system, hardware, device manager, USB, USB root hub, power management, check
the box is not ticked. What programs, firewalls etc are you running at the
same time? What size PSU, not watts, but actual rail ratings?
If none of these solve the problem, get a ADSL router, which will solve the
problem in one go.

--
REMOVE BOLTS to reply
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Old June 16th 04, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gus

NB caps lock Off helps to make your question easier to read.

At a guess you are using some forum of p2p and its Maximum connections is
set too high, lower it

Old June 16th 04, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Walker

Q wrote:
"PATRIOT" wrote in message
om...
I SIGNED UP TO PIPEX BB SOLO 250 AT THE BEGIN OF THIS MONTH
I WAS ACTIVATED NO PROBLEMS,& FOR THE 1ST WEEK I HAD NO PROBLEMS
BUT RECENTLY I KEEP GETTING DISCONNECTED [PARTICALLY WHEN IM D/L]
I HAVE TO CLOSE ALL WINDOWS N REBOOT MY CONNECTION
[WHICH CONNECTS STRAIGHT AWAY]
AS I DO MOST OF MY D/L OVERNITE HOPING ITS DONE IN MORNING
ONLY TO FIND MY PIPEX CONNECTION AS DISCONNECTED
IM USING A THOMSON SPEEDTOUCH 330 MODEM VIA USB
2 MICRO FILTERS 1 TO EACH BT SOCKET
RUNNING AMD ATHLON XP

ANY IDEAS Y IT DOING THIS?

CHZS
JAY

VIA Chipset?

Caps Key Stuck Down?

Old June 16th 04, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Henry Henry

I SIGNED UP TO PIPEX BB SOLO 250 AT THE BEGIN OF THIS MONTH
I WAS ACTIVATED NO PROBLEMS,& FOR THE 1ST WEEK I HAD NO PROBLEMS
BUT RECENTLY I KEEP GETTING DISCONNECTED [PARTICALLY WHEN IM D/L]
I HAVE TO CLOSE ALL WINDOWS N REBOOT MY CONNECTION
[WHICH CONNECTS STRAIGHT AWAY]
AS I DO MOST OF MY D/L OVERNITE HOPING ITS DONE IN MORNING
ONLY TO FIND MY PIPEX CONNECTION AS DISCONNECTED
IM USING A THOMSON SPEEDTOUCH 330 MODEM VIA USB
2 MICRO FILTERS 1 TO EACH BT SOCKET
RUNNING AMD ATHLON XP

ANY IDEAS Y IT DOING THIS?

CHZS
JAY

Don't type in capitals. Not only does it make the text difficult to
understand, but on Usenet it's considered to be shouting, which is impolite.
It goes without saying that I'm sure you wouldn't have done so had you
realised this.

Old June 17th 04, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PATRIOT

"Steve Walker" wrote in message ...
Q wrote:
"PATRIOT" wrote in message
om...
I SIGNED UP TO PIPEX BB SOLO 250 AT THE BEGIN OF THIS MONTH
I WAS ACTIVATED NO PROBLEMS,& FOR THE 1ST WEEK I HAD NO PROBLEMS
BUT RECENTLY I KEEP GETTING DISCONNECTED [PARTICALLY WHEN IM D/L]
I HAVE TO CLOSE ALL WINDOWS N REBOOT MY CONNECTION
[WHICH CONNECTS STRAIGHT AWAY]
AS I DO MOST OF MY D/L OVERNITE HOPING ITS DONE IN MORNING
ONLY TO FIND MY PIPEX CONNECTION AS DISCONNECTED
IM USING A THOMSON SPEEDTOUCH 330 MODEM VIA USB
2 MICRO FILTERS 1 TO EACH BT SOCKET
RUNNING AMD ATHLON XP

ANY IDEAS Y IT DOING THIS?

CHZS
JAY

VIA Chipset?

Caps Key Stuck Down?

hi sry about the caps i did nt realise they where on
via chipset wots that?
i aint had pc long still learning

jay
Old June 18th 04, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
hudsterou

PATRIOT wrote:
I SIGNED UP TO PIPEX BB SOLO 250 AT THE BEGIN OF THIS MONTH
I WAS ACTIVATED NO PROBLEMS,& FOR THE 1ST WEEK I HAD NO PROBLEMS
BUT RECENTLY I KEEP GETTING DISCONNECTED [PARTICALLY WHEN IM D/L]
I HAVE TO CLOSE ALL WINDOWS N REBOOT MY CONNECTION
[WHICH CONNECTS STRAIGHT AWAY]
AS I DO MOST OF MY D/L OVERNITE HOPING ITS DONE IN MORNING
ONLY TO FIND MY PIPEX CONNECTION AS DISCONNECTED
IM USING A THOMSON SPEEDTOUCH 330 MODEM VIA USB
2 MICRO FILTERS 1 TO EACH BT SOCKET
RUNNING AMD ATHLON XP

ANY IDEAS Y IT DOING THIS?

CHZS
JAY

Looks like we need to avoid Pipex BB solo then as it breaks your caps
lock key and makes you type like a chav speaks