UK courts in Wi-Fi trial

Old June 17th 04, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default UK courts in Wi-Fi trial

Wi-Fi hotspots are to be installed in some UK courts as part of a three-year
pilot scheme with BT.

The trial will include the Royal Courts of Justice, Southwark, Birmingham
and Swansea Crown Courts and Winchester, Liverpool and Leeds Combined Courts
where users will pay to use the service.

It is the first time public Wi-Fi access has been made available in
government buildings. The BT Openzone hotspots have been installed in the
public areas of court buildings and court minister Christopher Leslie said
it is another step in the court modernisation programme.

"Lawyers, jurors, expert witnesses and the public will be able to access the
internet or their office files while waiting to be called to court. It makes
delay during proceedings more productive and less inconvenient for those
attending court," he said in a statement.

More at http://networks.silicon.com/mobile/0...9121447,00.htm

Regards
Sunil

Old June 17th 04, 03:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Hodgson

In article ,
"Sunil Sood" wrote:

Wi-Fi hotspots are to be installed in some UK courts as part of a three-year
pilot scheme with BT.

Is there something I haven't heard about improved wi-fi security?
Otherwise it's hard to see how they can guarantee the security of what
will presumably be a lot of very sensitive files.

--
TimH
Pull tooth to reply by email
Old June 17th 04, 03:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred bloggs

"Tim Hodgson" wrote in message
In article ,
"Sunil Sood" wrote:

Wi-Fi hotspots are to be installed in some UK courts as part of a

three-year
pilot scheme with BT.

Is there something I haven't heard about improved wi-fi security?
Otherwise it's hard to see how they can guarantee the security of what
will presumably be a lot of very sensitive files.

--
TimH

Hi Tim

yes there are government approved mechanisms for wireless link - Barron
McCann is one of them

Cheers, Mike

Old June 17th 04, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Hodgson

In article ,
"fred bloggs" wrote:

"Tim Hodgson" wrote in message

Is there something I haven't heard about improved wi-fi security?
Otherwise it's hard to see how they can guarantee the security of what
will presumably be a lot of very sensitive files.

yes there are government approved mechanisms for wireless link - Barron
McCann is one of them

Ah. In other words, yes, there is quite a lot I haven't heard about
wi-fi security

--
TimH
Pull tooth to reply by email