Virgin B'Band Limits

Old June 19th 04, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les &/or Claire

Default Virgin B'Band Limits

...... just got a letter from Virgin Broadband asking me to limit downloads
to 1Gig daily. It didn't say "you must" it said "could you if you d'load a
lot". But did add an "or else" though.
I'm wondering if i triggered an automatic letter by reaching a certain
amount ( WinMX on day and night acquiring all three series of "The Fall and
Rise of Reginald Perrin" ) or if they sent out a letter to all users.
Did anyone else get one of these? Seems like it's time to move again. 1Gig's
not enough if you stream radio or video, or download video's and music.
Seems to defeat the whole idea of broadband. Always on, radio, music, video
were all much in evidence if you look at the advertising.

Les

--
http://www.stuffmongers.com

"Homo sapiens, the first truly free species, is about to decommission
natural selection, the force that made us.... Soon we must look deep within
ourselves and decide what we wish to become."
Edward O. Wilson
Consilience, The Unity of Knowledge

Remove frontal lobes to reply from a NG

Old June 20th 04, 02:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan Norris

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:21:48 +0100, "Les &/or Claire"
wrote:

..... just got a letter from Virgin Broadband asking me to limit downloads
to 1Gig daily. It didn't say "you must" it said "could you if you d'load a
lot". But did add an "or else" though.
I'm wondering if i triggered an automatic letter by reaching a certain
amount ( WinMX on day and night acquiring all three series of "The Fall and
Rise of Reginald Perrin" ) or if they sent out a letter to all users.
Did anyone else get one of these? Seems like it's time to move again. 1Gig's
not enough if you stream radio or video, or download video's and music.
Seems to defeat the whole idea of broadband. Always on, radio, music, video
were all much in evidence if you look at the advertising.

Les

I haven't received anything.

Alan

Don't reply to this e-mail address - messages will be deleted unread. To reply to me take away the news and substitute alanc
Old June 27th 04, 03:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Niko \)

"Les &/or Claire" wrote in message
..... just got a letter from Virgin Broadband asking me to limit downloads
to 1Gig daily. It didn't say "you must" it said "could you if you d'load a
lot". But did add an "or else" though.
I'm wondering if i triggered an automatic letter by reaching a

certain
amount ( WinMX on day and night acquiring all three series of "The Fall

and
Rise of Reginald Perrin" ) or if they sent out a letter to all users.
Did anyone else get one of these? Seems like it's time to move again.

1Gig's
not enough if you stream radio or video, or download video's and music.
Seems to defeat the whole idea of broadband. Always on, radio, music,

video
were all much in evidence if you look at the advertising.

Les

I have received that rubbish too
Niko
Jabber: