Probably a stupid question :-s

Old June 20th 04, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Wizzo

Default Probably a stupid question :-s

I'm trying to upload files via FTP, ive tried connecting to two FTP servers,
both the connected starts fast then rapidly drops off and dies. I upgraded
my firewall last night to the current zonealarm could this be the cause?
anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Old June 20th 04, 10:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 20:43:08 +0100, "Mr Wizzo"
wrote:

I upgraded
my firewall last night to the current zonealarm could this be the cause?

well it should either block it or let it work. Uninstall it and try
again.

anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

MTU problem perhaps, or overloaded FTP server - try it at 6am.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old June 21st 04, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

wrote:

I'm trying to upload files via FTP, ive tried connecting to two FTP servers,
both the connected starts fast then rapidly drops off and dies. I upgraded
my firewall last night to the current zonealarm could this be the cause?
anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Try and telnet to your FTP server, if you cannot connect to it, it
implies a problem with your firewall or the FTP server. TBH, ZA is
renowned for blocking random ports and traffic, so I would be inclined
to rule this out first by UNINSTALLING rather than just disabling (as
this does not always unblock affected ports).

kind regards

Luke
--
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+
Old June 21st 04, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Wizzo

wrote:

I'm trying to upload files via FTP, ive tried connecting to two FTP

servers,
both the connected starts fast then rapidly drops off and dies. I

upgraded
my firewall last night to the current zonealarm could this be the cause?
anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Try and telnet to your FTP server, if you cannot connect to it, it
implies a problem with your firewall or the FTP server. TBH, ZA is
renowned for blocking random ports and traffic, so I would be inclined
to rule this out first by UNINSTALLING rather than just disabling (as
this does not always unblock affected ports).

kind regards

Luke
--
| Luke Horwath Broadband Solutions
| Comms team for Home & Business
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+

Thanks for both the replies, It was zonealarm, managed to get it sorted now
thankfully