Bonded Broadband

Old June 20th 04, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

Default Bonded Broadband

Has anyone heard of Bonded Broadband, I want to increase my BB speed but in
my area I can only get 512 Rate Adaptive-ADSL and no cable..My ISP is
Nildram and they do a thing called bonded BB can anyone explain to me
exacally what it is and the equipment needed,,ie like how many BT lines,
modems etc

TIA

Ian

Old June 21st 04, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

Ian wrote:
Has anyone heard of Bonded Broadband, I want to increase my BB speed but in
my area I can only get 512 Rate Adaptive-ADSL and no cable..My ISP is
Nildram and they do a thing called bonded BB can anyone explain to me
exacally what it is and the equipment needed,,ie like how many BT lines,
modems etc

As you've quoted Nildra, I'll quote one of their URLs :
http://www.nildram.co.uk/support/bondedfaq.htm

Also, Andrews and Arnold have a good write up :
http://www.aaisp.net.uk/multiline.html

Be careful though .. there's a bit of fuss going on about bonding - and
BT are not guaranteeing that it will work now, or in the future :
http://snipurl.com/78bd

--
Regards
Andy M Jenkins

UK Broadband Usergroup http://www.uk-bug.net
Old June 21st 04, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Ian" mav147hotmail.com wrote in message

Has anyone heard of Bonded Broadband, I want to increase my BB speed
but in my area I can only get 512 Rate Adaptive-ADSL and no
cable..My ISP is Nildram and they do a thing called bonded BB can
anyone explain to me exacally what it is and the equipment needed,,ie
like how many BT lines, modems etc

As well as Andy's reply, its worth looking at
http://www.freestuffjunction.co.uk/bondedcd.shtml

It seems to be a cheaper, software/linux based solution which could mean you
don't have to buy an expensive router to use a bonded ADSL connection.

Regards
Sunil