C & W bought out Bulldog???????

Old June 21st 04, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
monkeying......

Default C & W bought out Bulldog???????

http://www.bulldogdsl.com/press/releases/270504.asp

Well there you go live and learn!!! i thought C & W were a bit cash
strapped....

---

Old June 21st 04, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
monkeying......

"Andy M Jenkins" wrote in message
monkeying...... wrote:

http://www.bulldogdsl.com/press/releases/270504.asp

Well there you go live and learn!!! i thought C & W were a bit cash
strapped....

Been away a few months ?

--
Regards
Andy M Jenkins

UK Broadband Usergroup http://www.uk-bug.net

I took a nap.... :P

---

Old June 21st 04, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
monkeying......

wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:47:45 +0100, "monkeying......"
wrote:

http://www.bulldogdsl.com/press/releases/270504.asp

Well there you go live and learn!!! i thought C & W were a bit cash
strapped....

I only found out last night that T-Mobile is owned by C&W also
the bloody yanks must own 99% of British companies if the truth be
known .
Grant .

So not by Ze Germans as we were lead to believe......why those cunning.....

---

Old June 21st 04, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

wrote in message

I only found out last night that T-Mobile is owned by C&W

T-Mobile is owned by Deutsche Telecom.

121 (before it was renamed) was 50% owned by C&W.

Regards
Sunil

Old June 21st 04, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

wrote in message

So why then did the operator tell me that T-Mobile was C&W when I Rang
the 195 service from my T-Mobile phone then ? .I couldn't think at the
time why I was surprised to here about them being C&W owned but you
have now jogged my memory regards Deutsche Telecom .

195 - Disabled directory enquiries ?

It could be that T-Mobile buy-in that service from C&W.. - its probably
cheaper than providing it themselves

Regards
Sunil

Old June 21st 04, 10:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Lord

wrote:

http://www.bulldogdsl.com/press/releases/270504.asp

Well there you go live and learn!!! i thought C & W were a bit cash
strapped....

I only found out last night that T-Mobile is owned by C&W also
the bloody yanks must own 99% of British companies if the truth be
known .
Grant .

Yanks? If Cable & Wireless was any more British all their phones would have
to come with a compulsory Rule Britannia ringtone.

http://www.cwhistory.com/

Old June 22nd 04, 07:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

wrote:

http://www.bulldogdsl.com/press/releases/270504.asp

Well there you go live and learn!!! i thought C & W were a bit cash
strapped....

No, haven't done too well recently, but have been sitting on a medium
size mountain of cash (1 billion I think), so not only did they buy
Bulldog outright but also purchased a serious lump of monaco Telecom.
You may also have missed their purchase about a year or so ago of
Guernsey Telecom

Rumour has it they are on the look out for otyher things to buy - Colt
and Kingston have been mentioned.

--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Old June 22nd 04, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

wrote:

http://www.bulldogdsl.com/press/releases/270504.asp

Well there you go live and learn!!! i thought C & W were a bit cash
strapped....

I only found out last night that T-Mobile is owned by C&W also
the bloody yanks must own 99% of British companies if the truth be
known .
Grant .

I think you will find:

1. C&W sold One 2 One to some German outfit just before the bidding
for the 3G licences happened to some German(?) outfit who renamed it
T-Mobile.

2. C&W has always been British and is still British. It was at one
time, before privatisation, known as the overseas arm of the GPO.

--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Old June 23rd 04, 01:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Iain Miller

wrote:

http://www.bulldogdsl.com/press/releases/270504.asp

Well there you go live and learn!!! i thought C & W were a bit cash
strapped....

No, haven't done too well recently, but have been sitting on a medium
size mountain of cash (1 billion I think), so not only did they buy
Bulldog outright but also purchased a serious lump of monaco Telecom.
You may also have missed their purchase about a year or so ago of
Guernsey Telecom

About 1.7Bn IIRC - then again, two years ago it was 3.5Bn (!)

Rumour has it they are on the look out for otyher things to buy - Colt
and Kingston have been mentioned.

COLT's 51% owned by Fidelity IIRC & just about to start making money -
unlikely they'd bail out now (but I might be wrong!). Don't Hull city
Council still have a golden share in KC?

I.