Tesco Offering Broadband

Old June 21st 04, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Default Tesco Offering Broadband

Tesco are now offering broadband for £19.97 a month take a look
http://www.tesco.net/help/broadband/

--
Phil From Scarborough UK

Old June 23rd 04, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bentleys

How do you subcribe? It just looks like a info page with no links to a
subscription page

http://www.usenet.com
Old June 29th 04, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

"Phil" wrote in message
Tesco are now offering broadband for £19.97 a month take a look
http://www.tesco.net/help/broadband/

The site says only a limited area's in the UK. Anyone know where these
areas are?

Old June 29th 04, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GwG

"Dean Lambert" wrote in message
"Phil" wrote in message
Tesco are now offering broadband for £19.97 a month take a look
http://www.tesco.net/help/broadband/

The site says only a limited area's in the UK. Anyone know where

these
areas are?

Probably areas covered by NTL

Old June 29th 04, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Maybe they are just saying that everywhere is not covered by ADSL

--
Phil From Scarborough UK

Old August 29th 04, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Phil" wrote:

Tesco are now offering broadband for £19.97 a month take a look
http://www.tesco.net/help/broadband/

Mail arrived yesterday:

" We are currently carrying out work in preparation for the launch
of Tesco broadband on 31st August ... "

(goes on to mention brief non-availability of account details while
they work on their systems). Looks like NTL is up to normal speed
on this matter :-) Peter M.

Old August 30th 04, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiny Ramsden

poster wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Phil" wrote:

Tesco are now offering broadband for £19.97 a month take a look
http://www.tesco.net/help/broadband/

Mail arrived yesterday:

" We are currently carrying out work in preparation for the launch
of Tesco broadband on 31st August ... "

(goes on to mention brief non-availability of account details while
they work on their systems). Looks like NTL is up to normal speed
on this matter :-) Peter M.

Looked but no speed advertised is it another so called Broadband and no
mention of contention ratio. I'll stick with NTL if you can ever get
through to the b*****s.

I have a Tesco card can I get pounds?

--
Lioncom adsl 4 port router, Nildram adsl running on Redhat 7.3. You can see
and hear me and my pal Joe Longthorne on uktalent.org.
Old August 30th 04, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Taylor

poster wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Phil" wrote:

Tesco are now offering broadband for £19.97 a month take a look
http://www.tesco.net/help/broadband/

Mail arrived yesterday:

" We are currently carrying out work in preparation for the launch
of Tesco broadband on 31st August ... "

(goes on to mention brief non-availability of account details while
they work on their systems). Looks like NTL is up to normal speed
on this matter :-) Peter M.

What has NTL got to do with it, this is from their site...

Home Tel Number
You’ll need a BT residential line to use the Tesco broadband service,
however some BT services are not compatible. You should not proceed with
your registration if you are running any of the following services:

Or are you saying NTL will only put their phone line in if you have a BT
line? :-)

--
Andrew Taylor (Ampers on Skype)
London UK - www.taylor.co.uk
Old August 30th 04, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 30 Aug 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Andrew Taylor wrote:

What has NTL got to do with it,

For some time, NTL has handled the ISP end (while Tesco has IT staff, it
outsourced the management/support of the ISP service for Tesco.Net, first
to BT Internet/Openworld and then to NTL, but exactly when the switch was
made, I don't know).

You’ll need a BT residential line to use the Tesco broadband service,

.... standard requirement for ADSL service

Or are you saying NTL will only put their phone line in if you have a BT
line? :-)

The users of Tesco.Net don't need to know NTL is the ISP 'running' the
service, and no doubt user requests for 'when will you offer broadband'
was the impetus. Since NTL does not have national coverage, I've little
doubt that it took all of 30 seconds for a decision "OK, we buy in this
from BT Wholesale, like any other ISP" and any hesitation from NTL may
have made Tesco say "OK, we get someone else to run the service"...
Old August 30th 04, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Andrew Taylor" wrote in message
(goes on to mention brief non-availability of account details while they
work on their systems). Looks like NTL is up to normal speed
on this matter :-) Peter M.

What has NTL got to do with it, this is from their site...

Home Tel Number
You’ll need a BT residential line to use the Tesco broadband service,
however some BT services are not compatible. You should not proceed with
your registration if you are running any of the following services:

NTL run several "virtual" ISPs - which other companies sell as their "own
brand"

For instance, both Virgin and Tesco ISP's are actually using NTL's
infrastructure to operate their ISP services.

Tesco/Virgin just provide the pricing, advertising and brand name..

Or are you saying NTL will only put their phone line in if you have a BT
line? :-)

With ADSL, NTL act as any other ISP and order the ADSL service from BT
Wholesale - which they can only do if the end user has an BT line..

Regards
Sunil