Old June 19th 05, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mathew Curtis

Default Strange missed call on Sipgate

Ivor Jones wrote:
Mathew Curtis wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
Just had a missed call on Sipgate (well I was in the loo, I don't
have a phone in there, even I'm not that sad..!) from a rather
strange number.

It was shown as 00668860 - anyone any ideas on where it could have
originated..? No voicemail message was left and I'm not about to
try and call it back..!

Ivor

Hi Ivor

The number dont look complete but comes back as a Thailand freephone
number i think even if you did call it back it would not connect

Mat

Thanks, I just had another one, this time from 00669072, again it stopped
before I could answer. I do hope the junk marketers haven't found Sipgate
:-(

Ivor

Destination: Thailand Mobile
Number: 00668860
Location: Mobile Phone

cli can be spoofed but I would have thought that if someone was going
to spoof a number they would spoof the full number may be its a sipgate
bug

Mat