BT Broadband Voice Fujitsu FDX-840

Old June 21st 04, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bob

Default BT Broadband Voice Fujitsu FDX-840

Is anybody using the Fujitsu FDX-840? How does it compare to the Cisco ATA
186 and is it any good?

I haven't seen any other companies offering the device and I can't find any
other information on the unit, apart from that on the BT website.

Also, is there a SIP image available for it, like for the Cisco ATA 186?

Old June 23rd 04, 05:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"bob" user wrote in message

I haven't seen any other companies offering the device and I can't
find any other information on the unit, apart from that on the BT
website.

I was thinking of signing up BT Broadband Voice and also noticed they were
now shipping the Fujitsu FDX-840 rather than the Cisco ATA 186 - hence
wanted some more information about it before I went ahead.

I have received a reply from Fujitsu which says:

----
The FDX 840 is sold to BT through their Broadband Voice service and is
specifically geared for that use.

It is only available in this way currently.
-----

which explains why you can't find it anywhere else atm.

The also included a 2 page datasheet whch I can e-mail you - containing its
specs if you would like.

Regards
Sunil

Old June 23rd 04, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Gareth Babb" wrote in message

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:13:46 +0100, Sunil Sood
wrote:

The FDX 840 is sold to BT through their Broadband Voice service and
is specifically geared for that use.

I get the impression though from the stuff on the website it's still
MGCP
only.

Yes, the specs include:

----
Telephony Support

Call Protocol support for MGCP
G.711 (A-law and U-law) Codec support
G729A Codec support

FAX Support
PCM G711
----

Though I imagine if/when an appropiate image becomes available it can be
flashed/upgraded like the Cisco - probably when other services start to use
the FDX 840.

Certainly the ability to upgrade the firmware is included in the router.

Regards
Sunil