Wireless Network card aerial connector

Old June 22nd 04, 02:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hewitt-Dutton

Default Wireless Network card aerial connector

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the connector on the aerial
of my network cards is a standard, and if so where can I buy aerials with a
higher gain.
The link below is a picture of the connector.

http://www.btinternet.com/~phdutton/jim/P1010005.JPG

Thanks,
Pete.

"..and I swore never to read again after 'To Kill A Mocking Bird' gave me no
useful advice on killing Mocking Birds"
(Homer Simpson, 2004)

Old June 22nd 04, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hewitt-Dutton

That is fantastic, thanks.
A few questions though:
1- I don't know too much about the actual field strength a WLAN card kicks
out, how much of an increase in range can we expect from a 5dB gain?
2- Does anyone know an antenna with the same connector that have a higher
gain?
3- Are there any extender cables for this type of connection?

Thanks,
Pete.

"Gareth Babb" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:34:15 +0000 (UTC), Peter Hewitt-Dutton

wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the connector on the

aerial
of my network cards is a standard, and if so where can I buy aerials

with a
higher gain.
The link below is a picture of the connector.

http://www.btinternet.com/~phdutton/jim/P1010005.JPG

It's RP-SMA.

www.solwise.co.uk sell a 9 quid 5db omni.