Plusnet Netstart .... which router?

Old June 22nd 04, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TX2

Default Plusnet Netstart .... which router?

I am about to sign a client up to ADSL Business Netstart, and have
advised them (as they operate in a networked office) to opt for a router
connection.

Which router does Plusnet supply with the package?
Old June 22nd 04, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean

On the Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:45:59 +0100, Tx2 uttered forth the
following...
I am about to sign a client up to ADSL Business Netstart, and have
advised them (as they operate in a networked office) to opt for a router
connection.

Which router does Plusnet supply with the package?

Go out and buy the one you think suites their needs the most & don't go
with the provided router.
Old June 22nd 04, 04:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TX2

In article , Sean
, a.k.a says...
On the Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:45:59 +0100, Tx2 uttered forth the
following...
I am about to sign a client up to ADSL Business Netstart, and have
advised them (as they operate in a networked office) to opt for a router
connection.

Which router does Plusnet supply with the package?

Go out and buy the one you think suites their needs the most & don't go
with the provided router.

It might be that the provided one suits their needs, and at 70, it may
be worth having!
Old June 22nd 04, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

Tx2 wrote:

In article , Sean
, a.k.a says...
On the Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:45:59 +0100, Tx2 uttered forth the
following...
I am about to sign a client up to ADSL Business Netstart, and have
advised them (as they operate in a networked office) to opt for a router
connection.

Which router does Plusnet supply with the package?

Go out and buy the one you think suites their needs the most & don't go
with the provided router.

It might be that the provided one suits their needs, and at 70, it may
be worth having!

Nope, they only supply a USB unit as standard. Things are a lot easier
if you go for an Ethernet one.

I got an Addon 4 port for about 60 quid, which almost worked out of the
box.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Concerto 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
Old June 22nd 04, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:45:59 +0100, Tx2
wrote:

I am about to sign a client up to ADSL Business Netstart, and have
advised them (as they operate in a networked office) to opt for a router
connection.

Which router does Plusnet supply with the package?

Hi,

We are currently supplying two different routers, a single port Solwise
SAR130 or a four port Binatone 2100.

--
Regards,

Old June 22nd 04, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message

We are currently supplying two different routers, a single port Solwise
SAR130 or a four port Binatone 2100.

Assuming it's a choice the OP should go for the Solwise 130 it's a nice
router.

Jc.

Old June 22nd 04, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Black Shuck

Tx2 wrote:
In article ,
, a.k.a Andy Hewitt says...

Nope, they only supply a USB unit as standard.

I think you'll find they supply more than that.

Things are a lot easier if you go for an Ethernet one

Depends on the circumstances ... there's not a lot easier than setting
up a USB ADSL modem, setting up a router requires somewhat more
'technical' knowledge. Depends in which context you are using the word
"easier"?

Hmm, I would disagree, I wasted the good part of a weekend, trying to
get a mates Binatone 500 USB ADSL working, the damn drivers refused to
install, in the end, re-installing XP was the only option... If he has
gone for the router option, it would have been up and running in 5
minutes flat....

I got an Addon 4 port for about 60 quid, which almost worked out of the
box

I've probably settled on a Netgear or D-Link ... would like to have gone
for a Draytek (like my own personal router) but my client doesn't have
the budget.

I would personally, go Draytek, mine works flawlessly, and well worth
the extra money, compared to the troubles the other routers can exhibit.
I would not expect very much from the bundled router, as all ISP's are
working to tight budgets, whatever you get, it's gonna be pretty crap..

--
"This dog don't give a feck..."