ASUS 6000EV not booting after firmware update

Old June 23rd 04, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JK de Haas

Default ASUS 6000EV not booting after firmware update

After inheriting an ASUS 6000EV, I upgraded the flash to the latest
solwise version, as advised by the forum. The update did not complete,
as the system froze.

After doing so, the router refuses to boot up, failing after the
second or third hardware check.

With a tftp and bootp server running it connects, starts to download
the firmware, and then just hangs. After waiting for half an hour it
does not change, and when starting the router with hyperterminal
running to see what it is doing, it doesn't get through the second
check and spits out B0B0B0B0B0B, about 15 lines, and then hangs.

Should I be looking at hex files (approx 1.4Mb) or should I take the
bin files (approx 3.5Mb)? I suspect I used the incorrect one
initially, and this may have caused the problem.

Any ideas? Do I have a deceased router? I got it from a chap in
Belgium, that's why I wanted to update the firmware.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Old June 24th 04, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris North

You need the hex file: the most recent one for the UK was 71205a32.hex
(1,441,792 bytes).

There is also a convenient update utility program that avoids the tftp/bootp
stuff.

They no longer seem to be available from my supplier (Solwise) or from Asus,
so send me an email if you'd like a copy.

om...

Old June 25th 04, 08:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JK de Haas

/snip

Thanks for the response, email is underway.