Any speed difference? PCI/router

Old June 23rd 04, 05:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RobertJM

Default Any speed difference? PCI/router

Would there be any speed or ping difference if I replaced my current PCI
ADSL Modem with a wireless modem/router such as the belkin 7630?

RobertJM

Old June 23rd 04, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:54:55 +0100, RobertJM wrote:

Would there be any speed or ping difference if I replaced my current PCI
ADSL Modem with a wireless modem/router such as the belkin 7630?

Standard ethernet routers usually have slightly lower pings than a PCI or
USB DSL modem and of course they have no demand on system resources. There
is a slight overhead with wireless though so doubt you would see a
difference over your PCI modem.

Old June 24th 04, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RobertJM

"K" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:54:55 +0100, RobertJM wrote:

Would there be any speed or ping difference if I replaced my current PCI
ADSL Modem with a wireless modem/router such as the belkin 7630?

Standard ethernet routers usually have slightly lower pings than a PCI or
USB DSL modem and of course they have no demand on system resources. There
is a slight overhead with wireless though so doubt you would see a
difference over your PCI modem.

Thanks....

RobertJM