Broadband cabling

Old June 23rd 04, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

Default Broadband cabling

I am getting a broadband connection in the near future. I have a master
socket with a number of sockets cabled off the master. Am I right in
assuming correctly that I will be able to get broadband at every socket
provided there is a filter plugged into that particular socket. Or do I have
to recable?
Hope you can help.
Alan

Old June 23rd 04, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:19:52 +0000, Alan wrote:

I am getting a broadband connection in the near future. I have a master
socket with a number of sockets cabled off the master. Am I right in
assuming correctly that I will be able to get broadband at every socket
provided there is a filter plugged into that particular socket. Or do I have
to recable?
Hope you can help.
Alan

Mostly right! you will be able to use any one socket as your broadband
connection. Any phones on all the other sockets will have to be fitted
with a micro filter. You don't actually need a micro filter on the modem's
line jack, unless you want to plug a phone in as well.

Graham

Old June 23rd 04, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

You will need filter plugged into every outlet that has any apparatus
connected to it i.e. phone, fax Skybox etc.