Manual order .... what happens?

Old June 25th 04, 08:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TX2

Default Manual order .... what happens?

I've just ordered ADSL on a number that a) has just moved premises, b)
had ADSL on it from a previous provider which has now been (being)
switched to another number at the original premises, and c) the original
number at the new premises was ISDN (now inactive)

I've ordered thru Plusnet, and advised them of the situation (which they
seem to have ignored?) but was wondering what actually happens with a
manual order?

Plusnet have reported that ADSL can't be activated on the line and
further investigation is needed. I have asked them to put through the
order manually.

BT really screwed up the transfer of the number from one premises to
another, but eventually sorted it out. I can only imagine that any
automated order for ADSL is still showing that the number has BB via
another provider, is still at the old premises, and that the new
premises may still be showing ISDN!

I'm amazed that, even though the full facts (and potential cock-ups)
were presented to those who are dealing with the activation, issues
still occur?

What happens next?
Old June 25th 04, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:39:34 +0100, Tx2
wrote:

but was wondering what actually happens with a
manual order?

AIUI a manual order is the procedure used when an automatic electronic
one can't be placed, for example because the line is coded "Red" by
BT. The manual procedure involves someone looking into it and sorting
it out, rather than a fully automated transaction occurring that
generates BT work orders from an ISP order.

Basically its used to sort out problems.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !