Linksys offer

Old June 25th 04, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Munish

Default Linksys offer

Just found this router offer @ www.linksyssales.co.uk

* PURCHASE A WAG54G AND RECIEVE A WPC54G FREE *

http://www.linksyssales.co.uk/linksy...?idProduct=162

Can't comment on the ISOMicro company, but I have this router and its very
reliable and easy to use.

---------------
Munish Sood
Plus.net referral: msood

Old June 25th 04, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Nelson

"Munish" wrote in message
Just found this router offer @ www.linksyssales.co.uk

* PURCHASE A WAG54G AND RECIEVE A WPC54G FREE *

http://www.linksyssales.co.uk/linksy...?idProduct=162

Can't comment on the ISOMicro company, but I have this router and its very
reliable and easy to use.

---------------
Munish Sood
Plus.net referral: msood

I will agree the router is very good

The only issue I have is that it often assigns a new ip address to my pc
should be 192.168.1.100
If I reboot PC it gets 192.168.1.101 or higher and won't get 100 again even
when released on the router's DHCP table
I have to reboot router to fix problem

Why is this a problem - well I have a static ip address with PlusNet and use
remote desktop connection over the net.
But this only works if the home pc internal address is .100 as the firewall
rules route to this ip address.

Only other issue would be limited number of routes that can be enetered in
to firewall on router.

Ian

(plusnet referral : neltek)

Old June 25th 04, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Moonshine

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:12:42 +0100, "Ian Nelson"
wrote:

"Munish" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

That should be easy to fix by telling the router to always assign .100
to your PC by entering its mac address in the DHCP lease table. Or you
can just remove .100 from the DHCP range and statically configure it
on your PC. Same difference.
Old June 25th 04, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Nelson

"Moonshine" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:12:42 +0100, "Ian Nelson"
wrote:

. ..

http://www.linksyssales.co.uk/linksy...asp?idProduct=

[...]

I think I see what you are saying
The thing is that the router is set to assign .100 first
It never assigns .100 to any other computer
but just occasionally won't assign it to my main pc until it is rebooted

so not sure mac addresses would fix it

it was more a comment that the router does have it's quirks

Old June 26th 04, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MA

Munish wrote:
Just found this router offer @ www.linksyssales.co.uk

* PURCHASE A WAG54G AND RECIEVE A WPC54G FREE *

http://www.linksyssales.co.uk/linksy...?idProduct=162

Slightly cheaper at Dabs...

http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=2Z9M

Old June 26th 04, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MA

MA wrote:
Munish wrote:
Just found this router offer @ www.linksyssales.co.uk

* PURCHASE A WAG54G AND RECIEVE A WPC54G FREE *

http://www.linksyssales.co.uk/linksy...?idProduct=162

Slightly cheaper at Dabs...

http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=2Z9M

I was about to order one but Dabs are now out of stock.

Novatech have 26 of them though...

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?LIN-WADSLB

Old July 3rd 04, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Elliott

On 25/06/2004, Moonshine wrote:
Why is this a problem - well I have a static ip address with
PlusNet and use remote desktop connection over the net.
But this only works if the home pc internal address is .100 as the
firewall rules route to this ip address.

That should be easy to fix by telling the router to always assign .100
to your PC by entering its mac address in the DHCP lease table. Or you
can just remove .100 from the DHCP range and statically configure it
on your PC. Same difference.

The DHCP server on the WAG54G is a bit basic: it doesn't allow you to
assign a MAC address to an IP address.

--
Simon Elliott http://www.ctsn.co.uk