Tesco broadband?

Old June 25th 04, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Billy Shears

Default Tesco broadband?

I keep seeing references in newsgroups to Tesco doing a 20pm unlimited
broadband service...but I can't find a story about it anywhere on the web,
and certainly there doesn't seem to be anything on any Tesco website.
Anyone got a link to a decent, believeable source about this??

---

Old June 25th 04, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Billy Shears wrote:
I keep seeing references in newsgroups to Tesco doing a 20pm
unlimited broadband service...but I can't find a story about it
anywhere on the web, and certainly there doesn't seem to be anything
on any Tesco website. Anyone got a link to a decent, believeable
source about this??

snip broken sig

http://www.tesco.net/help/broadband/

Dominic

PS. Your broken AVG signature serves no real purpose than advertising their
software.

--
ICBroadband Tech Support - working for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
www.icbroadband.com/support

Old June 25th 04, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gari P

"Dominic" wrote in message

snipped

PS. Your broken AVG signature serves no real purpose than advertising

their
software.

Mine's broken too. Infact, all the AVG sigs I see are. Ah well.

---

Old June 25th 04, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Gari P wrote:
"Dominic" wrote in message

snipped

PS. Your broken AVG signature serves no real purpose than
advertising their software.

Mine's broken too. Infact, all the AVG sigs I see are. Ah well.

So why keep it turned on? Presumably you will compensate someone who is
infected by a virus originating from your computer, since you are
'certifying' that your outgoing e-mail is virus free (even though AVG will
not pick up 100% of viruses).

Dominic

Old June 25th 04, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Billy Shears

I have no qualms about 'advertising' AVG's (excellent) FREE service.
But what does it mean when rude posters go on about AVG signs being broken?

"Gari P" wrote in message

snipped

Old June 25th 04, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Billy Shears wrote:
"Gari P" wrote in message
"Dominic" wrote in
message ...

snipped

PS. Your broken AVG signature serves no real purpose than
advertising their software.

Mine's broken too. Infact, all the AVG sigs I see are. Ah well.

I have no qualms about 'advertising' AVG's (excellent) FREE service.
But what does it mean when rude posters go on about AVG signs being
broken?

I was not trying to be rude at all. A signature should begin with '-- '
(dash dash space), so that it is automatically removed when the post is
replied to. AVG's signature does not have this, so posts end up with
multiple copies of the signature, making them increasingly difficult to read
unless they are manually tidied up each time; this is why it is broken.

I also think people should be careful of being so sure their e-mail is
virus-free, when AVG is *not* a completely reliable anti-virus solution. If
you want to advertise AVG, that's fine - but do it by configuring the
signature yourself so that it begins like a signature should.

Independent testing of AVG, FWIW:
http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archiv...ts.xml?avg.xml

Dominic

Old June 26th 04, 12:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:56:52 UTC, "Billy Shears" Billy
wrote:

(no need to quote anything)

What a pillock.
--