Old July 2nd 05, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dojodirectory.co.uk

Default stress!

Maybe the following might help some poor soul troubleshoot their VOIP setup.

At the office
belkin router / budgetone 102 / sipgate account
today i picked up the phone in my office to find there was no dial tone.
needless to say, i couldnt make a call.
tried my puter and internet access was fine.
messed round for AGES and then i tried something that worked.
my belkin 7630 adsl modem is at 192.168.1.1 and my phone is on 192.168.1.52
the DMZ is set to 192.168.1.52 and it has been working fine since i bought
the phone.
I changed the DMZ to 192.168.1.51 (i.e. something other than it was) and
applied it.. still no dial tone.. changed it back to .52 and dial tone
appeared.
I tried dial tone immediately before and after this course of action so i
know this is what fixed it.
the solution took me at least an hour of checkin / messin before i found it.
i dont think my router is faulty.. all i do know is this voip stuff is
stressin me.

At Home
Linksys Router / Budgetone 102 / voiptalk account
No dial tone when on static ip
yes dial tone when on DHCP with same settings
why? stress!

comments welcome.