Broadband and LUS

Old June 26th 04, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Phil Thompson

Default Broadband and LUS

Is BT Broadband Basic available on lines with light user scheme etc ?

The general answer to this oft debated point about ADSL is "no"
however the BT Broadband Basic pages have footnotes that say

"**By direct debit. Otherwise add £1. Customers on the Light User
Scheme and BT In-Contact Plus customers will not receive the Whole
Bill Direct Debit as they already pay a reduced rental."

this appears in at least 3 places. So is it or isn't it ??
Is this a "BT Retail special" that isn't available wholesale, or just
a cock-up.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old June 26th 04, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Peter Crosland

Phil Thompson wrote:
Is BT Broadband Basic available on lines with light user scheme etc ?

The general answer to this oft debated point about ADSL is "no"
however the BT Broadband Basic pages have footnotes that say

"**By direct debit. Otherwise add £1. Customers on the Light User
Scheme and BT In-Contact Plus customers will not receive the Whole
Bill Direct Debit as they already pay a reduced rental."

this appears in at least 3 places. So is it or isn't it ??
Is this a "BT Retail special" that isn't available wholesale, or just
a cock-up.

Phil

Definitly a cock-up!

gee six jay en

Replace the words with the numbers to email me

Old June 28th 04, 01:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Martin≤

This appears to be std. *remark referring to DD, which they should have
edited.
You could try arguing the toss with BT, but I won't be holding my breath.
Regards,
Martin

Old July 1st 04, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Peter Corlett

Phil Thompson wrote:
[...]
"**By direct debit. Otherwise add £1. Customers on the Light User
Scheme and BT In-Contact Plus customers will not receive the Whole
Bill Direct Debit as they already pay a reduced rental."
this appears in at least 3 places. So is it or isn't it ?? Is this a
"BT Retail special" that isn't available wholesale, or just a
cock-up.

I'm not convinced that "There's no discount for DD payment on Light
User Scheme lines" and "no ADSL on Light User Scheme lines" are
mutually incompatible.

Another way to read it could be "even if it were possible to get ADSL
on your LUS line, we wouldn't give you a discount".

--
Beliefs are what divide people. Doubt unites them.
- Sir Peter Ustinov
Old July 3rd 04, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
sean

Iíve had ADSL on a LUS line for 3-4 months
Old July 3rd 04, 09:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 20:19:29 +0100, sean
-k wrote:

Iíve had ADSL on a LUS line for 3-4 months

cheat.
Old July 3rd 04, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 19:19:29 UTC, sean
-k wrote:

I∆ve had ADSL on a LUS line for 3-4 months

They'll catch up with you eventually!
--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Old July 5th 04, 10:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Peter Corlett

sean -k wrote:
Iíve had ADSL on a LUS line for 3-4 months

Presumably not BT Broadband Basic though?

You've probably just got lucky with a race condition in BT's system to
get those incompatible options. However, as soon as your account
record is touched at BT, it'll probably just stop the ADSL.

I remember having to deal with somebody whose ADSL died when BT forced
them onto the PAYG landline deal due to a previous tenant being
delinquent, BT taking about a year to get round to chasing a debt up,
and BT choosing to demand payment off the current owner of the line
rather than the debtor.

(The only fix was to move house in the end. Nice to know that BT debt
check by address instead of the identity of the billholder.)

--
IIRC the USA blew up their international telephone exchange very early in
the war.

- Mark Clayton and Tim Clark showing cynicism is alive and well in uk.telecom
Old July 12th 04, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
news-text.Just Me!

congrats, bout time someone did. The argument that lus is for those on
low income is great all the more reason to allow bb access on lus, keep
those bills right down - BT needs to sort this once and for all, maybe a
broadband for lus users scheme could be setup. have been on bt lus for
years and cannot see why I should be penalized for wanting broadband
telephone usage is not going to change

Old July 15th 04, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:46:41 GMT, "news-text.Just Me!"
wrote:

have been on bt lus for
years and cannot see why I should be penalized for wanting broadband
telephone usage is not going to change

but our perception of your neediness is if you can afford a broadband
connection you can pay the proper rate for the phone line and stop
leeching off us.

Phil