Pipex completely gone this morning!

Old June 27th 04, 09:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

Default Pipex completely gone this morning!

Cannot get to ANY of the pipex network, even through dialip. At least it's
not just me, though!
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showflat...fpart=all&vc=1

Can't find a status line for them anywhere....

Old June 27th 04, 10:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair Smeaton

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 09:44:09 +0100, "Alan"
wrote:

Cannot get to ANY of the pipex network, even through dialip. At least it's
not just me, though!
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showflat...fpart=all&vc=1

Can't find a status line for them anywhere....

The usual one shows nothing -however, I found a link which said that
mail servers are down, due to an "unsuccessful" spam attack - should
be fine for this afternoon, they say.

Could you post this to the adsl board please - I am not a member, and
cannot join as they need to email me a password :-)

cheers
--

Alastair Smeaton
Old June 27th 04, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

wrote:

Cannot get to ANY of the pipex network, even through dialip. At least

it's
not just me, though!

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showflat...ber=1289719&pa

ge=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=0&fpart=all&vc=1

Can't find a status line for them anywhere....

The usual one shows nothing -however, I found a link which said that
mail servers are down, due to an "unsuccessful" spam attack - should
be fine for this afternoon, they say.

Could you post this to the adsl board please - I am not a member, and
cannot join as they need to email me a password :-)

OK. Want to see a joke?
http://www.pipex.net/cgi-bin/nsus-di...EX§ion=all
PIPEX Systems Status
News - an outage has been reported. Mon 10th May at 11:36
No potential problems have been detected by our automated monitoring
systems.
Information
General Announcement - information is available. Fri 12th Dec at 17:37

With the most complex and un-navigable site, no service status line, and
technical support that only runs office hours, I'm starting to regret the
move to Pipex...

Old June 27th 04, 12:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Walker

wrote:

[...]

I'm moving on thurs... Goodbye Pipex!! I'm sick of the continuing news
problem that they'll probably never fix, mail outages etc..

Rob

Old June 27th 04, 02:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GT

wrote:

[...]

Where you moving to?

Old June 27th 04, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Harvey

From Pipe Status Page

27/06/04 at 11:30N/A
Report: Failure of a major network component has resulted in a loss of
service for PIPEX Xtreme ADSL customers (both on ADSL and 0845) and for
DialTime customers.
Symptoms: Connection to the network and many servers is not currently
possible.
Actions: An engineering team are working on the problem as a matter of the
highest possible priority, but it is likely that service will not be
restored until mid-afternoon Sunday at the earliest.

We sincerely apologise for this interruption to service

Old June 27th 04, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Walker

"GT" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

about 1 mins walk up the road in sheffield but it gives me the chance to
change ADSL providers at the same time.

Rob

Old June 27th 04, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
...Jerry...

"Rob Walker" wrote in message

"GT" wrote in message

snip

I'm moving on thurs... Goodbye Pipex!! I'm sick of the continuing news
problem that they'll probably never fix, mail outages etc..

Where you moving to?

about 1 mins walk up the road in sheffield but it gives me the chance to
change ADSL providers at the same time.

LOL, I certainly took the question to mean which broadband supplier are you
moving to!...

Old June 27th 04, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Filthy Rich

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 14:18:20 +0100, "Steve Harvey"
wrote:

From PIPEX Status pages...

27/06/04 at 11:30

Report: Failure of a major network component has resulted in a loss of
service for PIPEX Xtreme ADSL customers (both on ADSL and 0845) and for
DialTime customers.

Symptoms: Connection to the network and many servers is not currently
possible.

Actions: An engineering team are working on the problem as a matter of the
highest possible priority, but it is likely that service will not be
restored until mid-afternoon Sunday at the earliest.

We sincerely apologise for this interruption to service

What really ****es me off (though not Pipex fault) is that their
downtime coincided with my attempt to get my router working again
after having to switch off all the power in my house due to an
electrical problem. Sod's law.... an unbelievable coincidence.....

Filthy Rich
Music House