"No response from server side" ??

Old June 27th 04, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Appleyard

Default "No response from server side" ??

We finally got broadband last week, and it was working well until we had
a 5 minute power cut over the weekend. Now, the router (Vigor 2600+)
won't connect, and in "Online Status", it says "No response from server
side". The ADSL light is steady - not blinking.

Other ADSL lines connected to the same exchange seem to be working, and
the router looks OK. The telephone line is OK, and the ISP is not
reporting any problems on the status page.

Can anyone suggest where the problem might be?
--
John Appleyard
Old June 27th 04, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

"John Appleyard" wrote in message
We finally got broadband last week, and it was working well until we had
a 5 minute power cut over the weekend. Now, the router (Vigor 2600+)
won't connect, and in "Online Status", it says "No response from server
side". The ADSL light is steady - not blinking.

Other ADSL lines connected to the same exchange seem to be working, and
the router looks OK. The telephone line is OK, and the ISP is not
reporting any problems on the status page.

Can anyone suggest where the problem might be?
--
John Appleyard

Hi John,

It's possible that you have what's called a stale session where part of the
ADSL network thinks you are still connected when you aren't.
First thing I would advise doing is shutting your router down for an hour
and disconnect it from the phone line. If that doesn't work then I'd advise
contacting your ISP to report a fault on the line.

--
Regards,

Old June 28th 04, 09:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"John Appleyard" wrote in message
We finally got broadband last week, and it was working well until we had
a 5 minute power cut over the weekend. Now, the router (Vigor 2600+)
won't connect, and in "Online Status", it says "No response from server
side". The ADSL light is steady - not blinking.

Other ADSL lines connected to the same exchange seem to be working, and
the router looks OK. The telephone line is OK, and the ISP is not
reporting any problems on the status page.

Can anyone suggest where the problem might be?
--
John Appleyard

It all depends on how wide the power outage was. If it was just in your
street, then I would say it was a cable fault. If on the other hand the
outage was on a larger scale (estate or village wide) then it points toward
a sub-station fault.